Jackson, MI Q&A

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Michigan.
NickThatRailfan
Railroadfan...fan

Jackson, MI Q&A

Unread post by NickThatRailfan »

If you have any questions about Jackson then this is place to look for answers
Last edited by NickThatRailfan on Tue Oct 10, 2023 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

railroader and son
Railroadfan...fan

Re: Jackson, MI Q&A

Unread post by railroader and son »

Yes,no,yes,and possibly if you wish really hard.

NickThatRailfan
Railroadfan...fan

railroader and son wrote:
Sun Oct 08, 2023 4:22 pm
Yes,no,yes,and possibly if you wish really hard.
Im sorry?

~Z~
Sofa King Admin

Unread post by ~Z~ »

NickThatRailfan wrote:
Sun Oct 08, 2023 9:18 pm
Im sorry?
I'm pretty sure it's because you made a new thread called Jackson, MI Q&A, but there's no body to the thread...just a subject line and that was all. Is there a conversation you are trying to have happen with this thread, like posting questions about Jackson and hoping for answers? If so, I'd suggest asking a question about Jackson in the initial post.
Webmaster
Railroad photos on Railroadfan.com

NickThatRailfan
Railroadfan...fan

~Z~ wrote:
Sun Oct 08, 2023 9:26 pm
NickThatRailfan wrote:
Im sorry?
I'm pretty sure it's because you made a new thread called Jackson, MI Q&A, but there's no body to the thread...just a subject line and that was all. Is there a conversation you are trying to have happen with this thread, like posting questions about Jackson and hoping for answers? If so, I'd suggest asking a
question about Jackson in the initial post.
No im seeing if anybody else gas questions about Jackson I can answer as I know train symbols, train times, train frequency, etc.

~Z~
Sofa King Admin

Unread post by ~Z~ »

Who is the bestest, coolest, most awesome railfan in Jackson? Hint: he used to take care of poop.
Webmaster

NickThatRailfan
Railroadfan...fan

~Z~ wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2023 8:03 pm
Who is the bestest, coolest, most awesome railfan in Jackson? Hint: he used to take care of poop.
No idea I just know train symbols, times, and train frequency

~Z~
Sofa King Admin

Unread post by ~Z~ »

You did say "etc" as well; figured you might know some of the local Jackson railfans who have a deep knowledge of local railfanning info. Let's see if anyone else here knows this answer.
Webmaster

Jetlink
Not a Railfan

Unread post by Jetlink »

~Z~ wrote:
I believe I know. Have even met him at least once.
interested in trains

Patiently waiting for LansingRailfan to antagonize me in his tagline

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

Please list the local customers serviced by the Jackson Yard Job and how many cars each customer ships on average and the frequency they are switched.
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

J T
Hates Supper

Unread post by J T »

NickThatRailfan wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2023 7:59 pm
~Z~ wrote:
NickThatRailfan wrote:
Im sorry?
I'm pretty sure it's because you made a new thread called Jackson, MI Q&A, but there's no body to the thread...just a subject line and that was all. Is there a conversation you are trying to have happen with this thread, like posting questions about Jackson and hoping for answers? If so, I'd suggest asking a
No im seeing if anybody else gas questions about Jackson I can answer as I know train symbols, train times, train frequency, etc.
You should probably put that sentence in your original post so people don't have to scroll through the thread to find out why you posted.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/jimthias/
GRHC - you know every night I can imagine he is in front of his computer screen sitting in his underwear swearing profusely and drinking Blatz beer combing the RailRoadFan website for grammatical errors.

NickThatRailfan
Railroadfan...fan

J T wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2023 1:22 pm
NickThatRailfan wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2023 7:59 pm
~Z~ wrote:

I'm pretty sure it's because you made a new thread called Jackson, MI Q&A, but there's no body to the thread...just a subject line and that was all. Is there a conversation you are trying to have happen with this thread, like posting questions about Jackson
and hoping for answers? If so, I'd suggest asking a
You should probably put that sentence in your original post so people don't have to scroll through the thread to find out why you posted.
Just did

NickThatRailfan
Railroadfan...fan

AARR wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2023 10:50 am
Please list the local customers serviced by the Jackson Yard Job and how many cars each customer ships on average and the frequency they are switched.
Customers In Jackson are:
Certain Teed, OmniSource, Dawn Food Products, Gerdau, Amerhart, MISA Special Processing, Miller Truck & Storage, and Aunt Millie's
The amount of cars varies and the frequency I belive is when the customers need switched

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

Thank you, Nick. If you observe more, please post them here. I enjoy the logistics/operations of railroading.
NickThatRailfan wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2023 3:55 pm
AARR wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2023 10:50 am
Customers In Jackson are:
Certain Teed, OmniSource, Dawn Food Products, Gerdau, Amerhart, MISA Special Processing, Miller Truck & Storage, and Aunt Millie's
The amount of cars varies and the frequency I belive is when the customers need switched
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

NS3322
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by NS3322 »

AARR wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2023 4:54 pm
Thank you, Nick. If you observe more, please post them here. I enjoy the logistics/operations of railroading.
All that info is on the Wiki:
https://railroadfan.com/wiki/index.php/ ... #Customers

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

Thank you NS3322. You're doing a nice job with the Wiki. I update it too but usually post at the Website Threads before doing so to confirm the information.

The Wiki is very good but doesn't go into how many cars each customer ships. That's what I was hoping to learn from Nick.
NS3322 wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2023 5:24 pm

CAT345C
RedNeck Train Chaser

Unread post by CAT345C »

~Z~ wrote:

Who is Pat C, or Scooterb?
Making the railroad all Catywompus since 2008

https://www.flickr.com/gp/66353741@N07/02EZ1e

~Z~
Sofa King Admin

Unread post by ~Z~ »

Pat C aka CAPT CAPS lives in Lansing, but yes, Scooterb is the right answer. He joined the forum the first day it was in operation, almost 19 years ago.
Webmaster

GrandTrunkFan
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by GrandTrunkFan »

AARR wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2023 6:28 pm
Thank you NS3322. You're doing a nice job with the Wiki. I update it too but usually post at the Website Threads before doing so to confirm the information.

The Wiki is very good but doesn't go into how many cars each customer ships. That's what I was hoping to learn from Nick.
NS3322 wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2023 5:24 pm
AARR,
I can tell you this, since I am temporarily working alongside the old Cincinatti Northern branch in Jackson now, Omnisource is the biggest customer by far. The local every day has 3-7 gons, and Omnisource has got a bunch of brand new logoed gons.

Amerihart has been getting centerbeams a pair at a time, so far have only seen them 3 times since mid November.

Worthington has got a couple good size cuts, about once a month. Theyve been 6-8 cars at a time.

I have not seen or noticed anything for Gerdeu
Nick

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

GrandTrunkFan wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2024 2:29 am
AARR,
I can tell you this, since I am temporarily working alongside the old Cincinatti Northern branch in Jackson now, Omnisource is the biggest customer by far. The local every day has 3-7 gons, and Omnisource has got a bunch of brand new logoed gons.

Amerihart has been getting centerbeams a pair at a time, so far have only seen them 3 times since mid November.

Worthington has got a couple good size cuts, about once a month. Theyve been 6-8 cars at a time.

I have not seen or noticed anything for Gerdeu
Thank you GTF. I appreciate the information.