Was he?

Posts that don't fit in the other train categories. Off Subject Chit Chat I tell you. :)
Scooterb
Sofa King Grumpy

Was he?

Unread post by Scooterb »

Found this Link on train orders.
http://www.bnsf.com/employees/communica ... -13-d.html

Really disturbing if he was just a railfan.

~Z~
Sofa King Admin

Re: Was he?

Unread post by ~Z~ »

Scooterb wrote:Found this Link on train orders.
http://www.bnsf.com/employees/communica ... -13-d.html

Really disturbing if he was just a railfan.
very disturbing.... one report probably said he was taking photos, second one said he was videotaping... and that was conflicting. I feel bad for the guy if he was just a railfan.
Webmaster
Railroad photos on Railroadfan.com

MMRR-24
Shortline Fan

Unread post by MMRR-24 »

So do I. :(

Railzfan
SpecialDuty

Unread post by Railzfan »

Sounds like just another railfan to me, but you never know nowadays.

I agree with you guy’s, sad :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
~Andrew Kersting

Website - Rocky Mountain Custom Models

Long Live the Denver & Rio Grande Western!

redside20
i don't give a fark about your PM

Unread post by redside20 »

Well it sounds like our freedom is going to hell in a hand basket. This story and the other story about air marshalls patrolling the railroads has gone over the top i think. Where does it end?

Meanwhile we still have illegal immigrants coming in to this country every single day.

BNSF 1088
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by BNSF 1088 »

Just last week i had to turn in a railfan for taking pictures in the Lafayette La BNSF yard i was on a yard job and this person was in the middle of my yard. BNSF does not mind people taking pictures but just don't get in the way of operations and STAY OUT OF RAILYARDS and you will be ok.
Director of Save Our Trains Michigan

BNSF Conductor Lafayette LA

Scooterb
Sofa King Grumpy

Unread post by Scooterb »

I agree you shouldnt be tresspassing but by the story it sounds like this guy was just taking pics along the line and the guy saw him elswhere the day before taking pics so called him in.
Now this.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/co ... 01709.html

Stand up for your rights before its too late. But if you are doing something illegal you get what you deserve

BNSF 1088
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by BNSF 1088 »

Here are the rules we have to follow as Train Crews we have to report anything that looks strange which includes people taking pictures of trains now we know the local Railfans and we don't have a prob there have even been times where a railfan will come up and ask us if they coul;d take a picture of an engine in the yard we will somtimes let them if MGT is not around.

99.9% we do not report people taking pictures just the people that trespass.
Director of Save Our Trains Michigan

BNSF Conductor Lafayette LA

Railzfan
SpecialDuty

Hmmm?

Unread post by Railzfan »

I agree with BNSF 1088, most of the time they won’t turn you in. Last year I was down in the CSX yard here in Wyoming, MI. and saw several BNSF units, so I asked a yard employee if I could take some pic’s and he said “Sure, as long as you don’t go on the tracks”.

As for this NEW “security force” it’s just another way to WASTE American tax payer dollars. When there are sooooo many other things that really need to be done:!:
~Andrew Kersting

Website - Rocky Mountain Custom Models

Long Live the Denver & Rio Grande Western!

redside20
i don't give a fark about your PM

Unread post by redside20 »

Yes i am definitely with you on unauthorized railyard trespassing

GreatLakesRailfan
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by GreatLakesRailfan »

While it might seem a little extravagent, I think it's important to keep in mind that the terrorists only have to 'get lucky' once. Since the Feds aren't exactly on the list that the terrorists notify in advance that they're gonna do something, I think its a good idea to put the extra TSA officers into other transportation modes as well. Since they HAVE been trained to detect certain things, it should take some of the burden off of the local police force to ensure that everything goes smoothly. Besides, if there're more eyes out there watching, is it unreasonable to expect that the chances of someone slipping through the cracks to do something bad have been slimmed somewhat? Although, if they show up at the PH Amtrak depot and kick people out of there simply for watching trains, that would be very irritating, and a waste of money considering the volume of people through PH as compared to Chicago or NYC or big places like that.

-my two cents...