Grand Travese Dinner Train on the move

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Michigan.
~Z~
Sofa King Admin

Grand Travese Dinner Train on the move

Unread post by ~Z~ »

Heads up ex TSBY/GLC line. The dinner train is southbound through Clare MI as of 7:50am.
Photo of it sometime at night by Fireman216
Webmaster
Railroad photos on Railroadfan.com

SD80MAC
Ingersoll's Mr. Michigan

Unread post by SD80MAC »

Does anyone know where it's headed? Rumor was that the Coopersville & Marne was seeking to aquire it.
"Remember, 4 mph is a couple, 5's a collision!"
http://flickriver.com/photos/conrail680 ... teresting/

~Z~
Sofa King Admin

Unread post by ~Z~ »

i think it's going to Nebraska to get worked on, then down to Florida? If it's headed that direction, we should see it through GR sometime next week? Heard it needed brake work before it's allowed on CSX.
Webmaster
Railroad photos on Railroadfan.com

Raildudes dad
Roadmaster

Unread post by Raildudes dad »

GR Press "Walker" insert last night said their (C&M's)offer was $50,000 too low. Quote was from the C&M General Manager

amtrak1007
MP 25 Productions Co-Founder

Unread post by amtrak1007 »

The C&M did put an offer in, however, our point of leverage what the ability to get the equipment off the TSBY/GLC (who ever they are now) faster than the other bidders. It is my understanding that all of the brake valves are out of date, and this is my hunch why the equipment is going to Nebraska. I will be amused to see how long it takes CSX to move the equipment, the MN&E engine movement comes to mind.

How ever nice it would have been to keep the equipment at the C&M, I suppose that it is a good thing that the equpment didn't go to the scrapper. My boss at the C&M said the business agent who they worked with at the Dinner Train was an "interesting individual." Which leads me to wonder if the C&M ever stood a chance.

Glenn Gould
C&M Mechanical

patrick
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by patrick »

going to nebraska for work, then to louseeana. (sp)

Raildudes dad
Roadmaster

Unread post by Raildudes dad »

i don't think it's going to go far with out of date brake valves. My guess - special move to Owosso for brake valves, then transit to where ever it's going. Another guess, the GTDT was only interested in the most money, not how quick it left. Amtk 1007 - who's your C&M boss? initials only will work:)

amtrak1007
MP 25 Productions Co-Founder

Unread post by amtrak1007 »

true rule 80 will only get you so far. the gossip I heard, the GTDT was under pressure to get it off the tracks by the host RR.