Stinky bathroom - 07/11/06

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Michigan.
~Z~
Sofa King Admin

Stinky bathroom - 07/11/06

Unread post by ~Z~ »

On the morning commute, Q326-11 had just pulled into Wyoming Yard as I was headed past. They said the train itself was all ready to go and ready for the next crew to be called at 10am. Only problem was they needed the lead engine's bathroom cleaned, as it was reported as being "stinky."

Headed out towards Hudsonville, and there was a good gang of workers out at the switch area at the west end of Hudsonville. Couple backhoes were seen as well there. Couldn't tell if there was any equipment being changed out or not.

As I reached Zeeland, heard a D801-11 head west out of Wyoming Yard, going to West Olive with only a couple bad orders, going to pick up eastern empties as far as I could tell. Lead engine going out is CSXT 475.

Dispatcher on hand was the wife of Frank, 1st shift man. She said that she's the relief worker that picks up the spare shifts. Edit: TAK i believe are her initials.
All of this was between 8:30am and 9am.
Last edited by ~Z~ on Tue Jul 11, 2006 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Webmaster
Railroad photos on Railroadfan.com

sd70accsxt700
Sofa King follower

Unread post by sd70accsxt700 »

For some reason her middle inital escapes me now, but it is T?K
https://flic.kr/ps/jSuAb My Flickr photos!

RailCanon
BANHAMMERED

Unread post by RailCanon »

Her Initials are TAK, first name is Tammy. She is the wife of the former AW Third shift FDK (Frank), who works on the RL desk now. Most of the time I hear Tammy, she works on the second shift, In place of William, or WJW. There's also another guy there named Terry, initials TJC ("Tango Juliet Charlie" is what he says when he gives his initials).
LAL is Lisa, she's the new First shift dispatcher.

~Z~
Sofa King Admin

Unread post by ~Z~ »

Little bit of interesting talking going on this afternoon.
Y121 came in off of the Ottawa Beach spur in Holland and tied up in Waverly for a while.
D801 was still getting their empties together at West Olive.
More of the interesting conversation was between MR Allen working out between Seymour and Fox on the east side of Grand Rapids. He had been working for 2 1/2 hours on some issue on the mainline, and his time was supposed to be up. He called back asking for another hour, dispatcher said no because Q335 is supposed to be coming through and they are short on time. Mr Allen said no can do. Dispatcher kept asking over and over for him to explain why he couldn't let a train though.. lots of talking back and forth, dispatcher saying she has a group of people behind her wondering why Q335 can't go through. Couldn't hear Mr Allen from Zeeland but he ended up getting his authority for another hour, and would clear his authority as soon as the rail is fixed. Initials of TAK.
Webmaster
Railroad photos on Railroadfan.com

SD80MAC
Ingersoll's Mr. Michigan

Unread post by SD80MAC »

Saw a very slow moving westbound local head past 29th St. this morning with 2669 long hood forward and a single SOU boxcar. Maybe that maintainer was the reason he was going so slow?
"Remember, 4 mph is a couple, 5's a collision!"
http://flickriver.com/photos/conrail680 ... teresting/