Durand!!!! Let's meet there in April or May!!!!

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Michigan.
David Lang
Railroadfan...fan

Durand!!!! Let's meet there in April or May!!!!

Unread post by David Lang »

Hello all. Well 2006 will be the 5th year we have met in Durand for a railfan get-together! I have been honored to organize these meets and to meet all of you. A special thanks to all who have helped out and also to those who have come.

Anyway, it is February already and last year we met at the end of April, which now is only a little over 2 months away. Saturdays seem to work well so here are some dates. Please give me feedback in terms of what dates are best for the majority and I will plan the date.

Some possible dates include:

April 29th, May 6, May 13, May 20, May 27. Let me know what you all think. I have already posted this on the michiganrailroads.com Shortline Board for those there who are interested there as well. I look forward to seeing all of you again soon!!!!

As always, this is a purely fun event where railfans from all over can meet and watch trains!!!! Everyone welcome. See you there!

Dave Lang

patrick
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by patrick »

I have been honored to organize these meets and to meet all of you.
Dave, I'm not trying to be a jerk, but i know it'll come off that way..... but if i recall... you haven't done much or even come to the past like 2 or 3 gatherings. I've done everything other than setting a date. I'm working on a gathering already for this site.

~Z~
Sofa King Admin

Unread post by ~Z~ »

patrick wrote:
I have been honored to organize these meets and to meet all of you.
Dave, I'm not trying to be a jerk, but i know it'll come off that way..... but if i recall... you haven't done much or even come to the past like 2 or 3 gatherings. I've done everything other than setting a date. I'm working on a gathering already for this site.

Patrick, you can help organize a meeting still if you'd like..i guess you do want to still work at the meeting, which is different than i've last heard. Dave can have a meeting in Durand for railfans, and you can have one somewhere else too, that's fine. I'm pretty sure most of us can make both if they choose to.
Webmaster
Railroad photos on Railroadfan.com

SD80MAC
Ingersoll's Mr. Michigan

Unread post by SD80MAC »

Me and a few other railfans will be in Durand on March 4th, anyone interested in that date?
"Remember, 4 mph is a couple, 5's a collision!"
http://flickriver.com/photos/conrail680 ... teresting/

RailCanon
BANHAMMERED

Unread post by RailCanon »

May 6, May 20
EDITTED.
May 20 is Durand Railroad Days.

MMRR-24
Shortline Fan

Unread post by MMRR-24 »

I just hope I can go this year. Dad is up tight about gas though. :roll:

Railzfan
SpecialDuty

Count me in!!!!

Unread post by Railzfan »

EDITTED.
And as for the Durand meet, I’m pretty open, my family usually goes wherever there are trains!. :D :D :D
~Andrew Kersting

Website - Rocky Mountain Custom Models

Long Live the Denver & Rio Grande Western!

Eric Berger
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Eric Berger »

I can guarantee I won't be able to make Durand -- too far, and gasoline costs entirely too much. (MMRR-24...before you diss your father about gas...you try spending $40. just to fill up the tank sometime, and see how much fun it is!)

I was thinking of some places out this way to railfan...but there's really not too many places to go. Carleton is a good place to catch a lot of trains, but there's only a Subway (In a gas station) and a Circle K nearby -- as well as two saloons...so that's out. (Also, I WILL NOT go there because of the WFDF towers -- every time I see those, I get very angry again!)

Romulus may not be a bad place -- the Historical Park is right there, there's a grocery store and two restaurants within a block or two...but the one restaurant -- half the time they seem to be closed. But I've heard that the Whistle Stop isn't a bad place...maybe I'll breeze past some day when I'm running for my aunt, and see how they are...
"From a really tall tower, in the middle of a really big field..."

~Z~
Sofa King Admin

Unread post by ~Z~ »

Got an email from Gregg of a forward from JRV at HS. They requested any information about a rally for Amtrak on the 6th be taken off the site. It's not a confirmed rally yet, and they weren't sure who was all going to be organizing it.
Since i've heard JRV refuses to join this site, I'll post this from him. Getting involved in posting here would clear up issues like this sooner JRV.

"As of now, we are not to advertise (or say anything) about the rally until it is made official from the Executive Committee (which includes me) from MARP. I know you are trying to help out in every way you can to keep the Amtrak service in our great state of Michigan but by placing this on that message board, you are giving away too many details of an event that has not yet been officially announced to the public and we do not know if Save Our Trains will be taking part in the event. I'm not trying to be rude but I would keep a lid on the event until it is officially announced by us and the respective news source publications. "

BTW, Dave Lang has mentioned that May 14th would be a good day to have this, and this is the tentative date now.
Webmaster
Railroad photos on Railroadfan.com