GR and more of west michigan - 06/13/06

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Michigan.
~Z~
Sofa King Admin

GR and more of west michigan - 06/13/06

Unread post by ~Z~ »

Made a small adjustment on my scanner yesterday...changed the filter setting from 2 to 1...and wow, the range difference..didn't even realize I had it set like that. Anyway, was out near Grandville when I heard N914 clearing Vriesland. Dispatcher got on and asked where N914 was, then they said about a mile from the 19.1 defect detector. Dispatcher said their computer system went down. Heard something else at this point clearing west at East end of Sagutuck at this time as well. At 8:35am, CP X500 with CP 9592 i believe, left Wyoming Yard and got all 5 blocks heading east towards Lansing. Maintainers were out working on another replacement crossing at 40th Ave in Hudsonville. There was a Y104 working around Wyoming yard as well. Nice to hear four trains running already this morning.
Webmaster
Railroad photos on Railroadfan.com

SD80MAC
Ingersoll's Mr. Michigan

Unread post by SD80MAC »

Saw the X500 head east by 29th St. at about 9:00. Also saw the local heading east a few minutes later and it came back about a half hor later. Then saw Q326 eastbound with that BOMX ex MARC passenger car as the second to last car, that was in the early afternoon.
"Remember, 4 mph is a couple, 5's a collision!"
http://flickriver.com/photos/conrail680 ... teresting/

~Z~
Sofa King Admin

Unread post by ~Z~ »

Strange...I wonder why Q327 brought it through Lansing, to GR, and now Q326 is bringing it back towards Lansing again... Nice routing.... good that you caught some of these, any pics?
Webmaster

SD80MAC
Ingersoll's Mr. Michigan

Unread post by SD80MAC »

railroadfan wrote:Strange...I wonder why Q327 brought it through Lansing, to GR, and now Q326 is bringing it back towards Lansing again... Nice routing.... good that you caught some of these, any pics?
I don't bring my camera to work, and if I did it wouldn't be worth it. The trains are somewhat blocked by trees and a fence, and I have to hear them coming to catch them. Can see them quite well, but not worth pics.

~Z~
Sofa King Admin

Unread post by ~Z~ »

4884bigboy wrote:
railroadfan wrote:Strange...I wonder why Q327 brought it through Lansing, to GR, and now Q326 is bringing it back towards Lansing again... Nice routing.... good that you caught some of these, any pics?
I don't bring my camera to work, and if I did it wouldn't be worth it. The trains are somewhat blocked by trees and a fence, and I have to hear them coming to catch them. Can see them quite well, but not worth pics.
ahhh...didn't know you were at work while watching these...makes sense...i only get my photos before and after work, along with lunch.
Webmaster

SD80MAC
Ingersoll's Mr. Michigan

Unread post by SD80MAC »

Yeah, I like my job but hate it when I miss trains :roll:. Anyways, I wonder what we'll see tomorrow? :D