Does Michigan Shore Operate on Saturdays?

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Michigan.
SD80MAC
Ingersoll's Mr. Michigan

Question About Mid Michigan in Muskegon

Unread post by SD80MAC »

Hi guys, if I were to go to Muskegon on a Saturday, would MMRR be doing anything? If not, would any locomotives be sitting outside where I could see them?

"Remember, 4 mph is a couple, 5's a collision!"
http://flickriver.com/photos/conrail680 ... teresting/

~Z~
Sofa King Admin

Unread post by ~Z~ »

i'm in muskegon myself currently even, but won't have time to go by yard. from what i've heard, no traffic moving on saturday...but they'll be moving around tonight(sunday)
Webmaster
Railroad photos on Railroadfan.com

Mr. Tops
Ferroequinologist

MMRR

Unread post by Mr. Tops »

Saturday is the only day MMRR does not operate in Muskegon. As Zack said, on Sunday night, the Waverly Turn will head for Holland usually light power.

Currently, GP9 179 is sitting outside the engine house at Henry Street because there are 5 units in town and only room for 4 in the house. It can be seen from Henry Street or the parking lot behind the BLue Note Cafe/Cadillac Jack's Bar...

SD80MAC
Ingersoll's Mr. Michigan

Unread post by SD80MAC »

Hmmm, could that be why I never see GRE move on saturdays either. What about Sunday afternoons?
"Remember, 4 mph is a couple, 5's a collision!"
http://flickriver.com/photos/conrail680 ... teresting/

Mr. Tops
Ferroequinologist

GRE

Unread post by Mr. Tops »

GRE doesn't work on Sat either..unless they need to...

Sunday afternoon is no go too. They usually leave after dark...

SecondCreek
Railroadfan...fan

Does Michigan Shore Operate on Saturdays?

Unread post by SecondCreek »

Hi-

I will be in Grand Haven in a couple of weeks over a weekend. I was curious if Michigan Shore operates on Saturdays, and if so, about what time does the train pass through?

Thanks

GRHC
Railroadfan...fan

Re: Does Michigan Shore Operate on Saturdays?

Unread post by GRHC »

SecondCreek wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2023 4:41 pm
Hi-

I will be in Grand Haven in a couple of weeks over a weekend. I was curious if Michigan Shore operates on Saturdays, and if so, about what time does the train pass through?

Thanks
Unfortunately the Michigan shore is a five day week operation and you will not be seeing any trains in Grand Haven on the weekends. Trains normally run through Grand Haven on Monday Wednesdays and Fridays.

~Z~
Sofa King Admin

Unread post by ~Z~ »

For GRHC's benefit, deleted his one reply and merged this new thread into the ancient one he also replied to.
Webmaster
Railroad photos on Railroadfan.com

Talk
Keeps Talking

Unread post by Talk »

GRHC wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2023 5:47 pm
SecondCreek wrote:
Hi-

Thanks
Unfortunately the Michigan shore is a five day week operation and you will not be seeing any trains in Grand Haven on the weekends. Trains normally run through Grand Haven on Monday Wednesdays and Fridays.
With the downturn in sand exports, They run Wednesdays and Some Fridays. On Monday they usually stay around Muskegon
Ironically bad at Small Talk :(

GRHC
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by GRHC »

~Z~ wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2023 6:39 pm
For GRHC's benefit, deleted his one reply and merged this new thread into the ancient one he also replied to.
Well thank you Z and I’m also sorry I didn’t know there was a time limit on trying to be being kind courteous and helpful.

SecondCreek you may be able to head south to the power plant and catch a coal train coming out of Port Sheldon Michigan. Or you can stay in Grand Haven and see no passing trains but you will be able to check out this static display.
129E2C24-9F1E-4158-A3B5-64BC41E03F2F.jpeg

NS3322
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by NS3322 »

Talk wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2023 3:45 am
GRHC wrote:
SecondCreek wrote:
Hi-

Thanks
With the downturn in sand exports, They run Wednesdays and Some Fridays. On Monday they usually stay around Muskegon
What time have they been leaving Muskegon for Holland?

Talk
Keeps Talking

Unread post by Talk »

NS3322 wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2023 9:01 pm
Talk wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2023 3:45 am
GRHC wrote:

What time have they been leaving Muskegon for Holland?
usually OD around 06:00-07:00
Ironically bad at Small Talk :(