One locomotive to grafietii quickly

News or chat about railroad info that pertains to the entire United States, another state, or country.
patrick
Railroadfan...fan

One locomotive to grafietii quickly

Unread post by patrick »

UP has painted a SD70ACE to honor George W bush. I thouhgt you had to be dead to be honored.....wtf......giveme my paint ball gun...that female dog is mine.....

sd70accsxt700
Sofa King follower

Unread post by sd70accsxt700 »

Where did you see/here this. I gots to see it. When MR. Bush was asked what he thought about Rowe vs. Wade, his respons was "I dont care how the people of New Orleans get out, they just need to leave"
https://flic.kr/ps/jSuAb My Flickr photos!

BB
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by BB »

Here's info about the George Bush Express. This tribute is to former President George H.W. Bush (#41). http://bushlibrary.tamu.edu/trains/excursion_trip.php
MQT Rail pictures at [url=http://bbarch_railfan.rrpicturearchives.net/default.aspx]RRPictureArchives.NET[/url]
Brandon

~Z~
Sofa King Admin

Unread post by ~Z~ »

BB wrote:Here's info about the George Bush Express. This tribute is to former President George H.W. Bush (#41). http://bushlibrary.tamu.edu/trains/excursion_trip.php
hmm...it's still a bush... wonder what the locomotive will look like...
Webmaster
Railroad photos on Railroadfan.com

sd70accsxt700
Sofa King follower

And my queston still is what did he do that was so special? How come no one ran a special train for Clinton or any of the other ones. God I want to ralph.

Railzfan
SpecialDuty

I can't Think of anything!

Unread post by Railzfan »

Same thing here, what did BUSH do that was soooo special???? I can’t thank of anything. I really think UP should focus on moving freight, not painting locomotives! I read that in UP’s nearly 200 year history they have only painted a locomotive in a different paint scheme than the Amour yellow and grey 7 times! I really wonder what…
:lol: :lol: :lol:
~Andrew Kersting

Website - Rocky Mountain Custom Models

Long Live the Denver & Rio Grande Western!

sd70accsxt700
Sofa King follower

Ok this if from memorey, but 7 lets see If I can rember them.

#1 Desert Storm SD40-2 3593
#2 United Way SD40-2 3300
#3 Olympics SD70M 2001
#4 Olympics SD70M 2002
#5 Bush SD70ACe 4141
#6 MP 1982 SD70ACe
#7 MKT 1988 SD70ACe
#8 WP 1983 SD70ACe

Well that is more than 7. and no I did not cheat. I added the photos and numbers after I wrote the list so everyone knew witch ones I was talking about. Funny thing is I have seen three of them, the 3300 and the 2002 in the same day in Rochelle, Il. while me and my buddies were wating for a CNW -840C and 9-44CW. Also the 2001 up here on CSX. But the best one of all this one.

Wait a minuet look at these two I found.

#9 Olympic 1896 SD40-2, the first Olympic unit.
#10 UPY 164 a remote control platform.

And soon to come,
#11 Rio Grand SD70ACe

#12 CNW SD70ACe

#13 SP SD70ACe

Railzfan
SpecialDuty

Here is the REAL count!

OK, I never said I guaranteed that it was only 7, and actually I was wrong, according to UP it’s only the sixth! :D

Below is part of a long message sent to UP employees ONLY, I thought I would share part.

Omaha, Neb., October 18, 2005 – Union Pacific is paying tribute to President George Herbert Walker Bush with a custom-painted locomotive. Incorporating colors and elements of the Air Force One used during Mr. Bush’s presidency, the new Union Pacific locomotive bears the number 4141, in honor of the 41st president. The special locomotive, which replicates Air Force One’s design as a striking symbol of national pride and strength, was revealed to the former president during a ceremony near the George Bush Presidential Library and Museum on the Texas A&M University campus in College Station, Texas.

UP 4141 marks only the sixth time that Union Pacific has painted a locomotive in colors other than the traditional UP "Armour Yellow" paint. The design team carefully studied photos of President Bush’s Air Force One, with the goal of recreating the scheme for UP 4141. Elements from Air Force One’s wings and tail, including an American flag, were placed on No. 4141’s rear panel, with the sweeping lines of forward motion representing progress.

So sorry sd70accsxt700, that is the official UP count! :lol:
~Andrew Kersting

~Z~
Sofa King Admin

Unread post by ~Z~ »

hmm...interesting that there are differing amounts...maybe UP forgot to include their newest heritage series when that report came out on Oct 18th.
Webmaster

Railzfan
SpecialDuty

I doubt it!

I doubt it,

UP only counts the paint schemes that are on the locomotive(s) permanently or at lest for several years, not the temporary ones like the Olympic Torch units or United Way. And the flag is nothing more than a decal, not a paint scheme. So, take off the 7 temporary and see what you get, it isn’t 13, It’s 6! :lol:
~Andrew Kersting

sd70accsxt700
Sofa King follower

Well I guess that explains why UP cant stay out of trouble, they cant count. As for temporary, what is temporary? The 2001 & 2002, have been in that paint for 5 years, and the 3300 United way, was painted before them so it is 5+ years old, and it is still painted that way. And eather way, I cant figure where they get 6 from. If the 3300, 2001, 2002, 3593 (witch has been repainted),& 1896 dont count, then all I can see that has been painted, is UPY 164, 1983, 1988,1982, & 4141, thats only 5? witch one is the sixth? And then techinacly, I am also wrong along with UP, as the 164, is a remote platform, and not a locomotive any more. So thats 4. But then if you count 2001 & 2002, then 6. But then you HAVE to count 3300, it has been painted longer than 2001 & 2002, and thats 7. Oh well I wasent trying to prove you wrong, I was just listing them.

~Z~
Sofa King Admin

Unread post by ~Z~ »

two other comments...
UP 4141 marks only the sixth time that Union Pacific has painted a locomotive in colors other than the traditional UP "Armour Yellow" paint.
This can mean that Union Pacific themselves have only painted 6 units..maybe some of those other schemes were outsourced and painted by a different company?

Also, did any of these engines receive the "Armour Yellow" first, then get repainted into a special scheme?

Either of these two ideas could alter the value to turn out to be 6. Don't know if either of these are true, but worth a thought. That quote by the press isn't exactly that detailed.
Webmaster

sd70accsxt700
Sofa King follower

Well the 3539, 3300, 1896, & UPY 164 were painted in there special job, from Yellow and Gray.

2001 & 2002, I think were Painted by UP, from unpainted units being delivered, I think.

4141, 1928, 1988, 1983, were all painted by the WSOR in WI. From undecorated units being delivered, UP specified that 4 of the units be delivered with out paint. Also I seen this on a nother site, that UP current order of SD70ACe's is compleat, and they have no more on order right now, or evean GEVO's right now. So this must means, one of three things, that the CNW, DRGW, & SP, are going to be repainted, from ones already delivered, another order of SD70ACe's will be anounced soon, or mabey these will be GEVO's from a new oreder, in order to have them done by the second quarter of 2006 ( thats when I heard that they were suposed to be done by).

patrick
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by patrick »

Not for sure on this, But I think I read someplace that the 2001 and 2002 were done by an outside contractor. And a DRGW GEVO unit would be interesting since the real DRGW never had any GE units.

Railzfan
SpecialDuty

Thanks,

That’s OK sd70accsxt700, and thanks for the information! :D
~Andrew Kersting