Day in Northwestern Ohio

Give us a run down of what you saw, post pictures if you'd like...any info is welcome.
Scooterb
Sofa King Grumpy

Day in Northwestern Ohio

Unread post by Scooterb »

Left home not knowing where I was going to go, so I headed South. As I approached the Michigan Ohio border the scanner picked up traffic on the NS Wabash line that the Tripple crown train was taking the siding at Alvorton to meet an eastbound that was short on time. The train was to far away to get a pic so I kept following this line west at the town of Kunkle. I get the eastbound NS train.

Click on pic for full size.

Its onto Montpelier. Where the Indiana Northeastern had to hold outside of town because two trains were working the yard. So west of town I head to find my shot locations. The NS tripple Crown train is first.
Then a westbound NS local

Now its time for the IN train.

At the next cossing.

And the next cossing.

Well I decide to head to Edgerton and get these next shots.

The CSX line is about nine miles south of here so I head down to Hicksville to see what oppertunities are there Found a great spot I think this is where CSXCO_ took some shots earlier this year

Well I decide its time to head back to Edgerton. I grab these shots.

Head East to Bryan and grab this last shot.

Not a bad day. Found a new spot that I like.
Till next time Hope all enjoy.
Scott B.

~Z~
Sofa King Admin

Unread post by ~Z~ »

really liked the shots from hicksville. looks like you are getting the exposure down a lot better on the shots into the sun to prevent blowout. excellent work sir.
Webmaster
Railroad photos on Railroadfan.com

amtrakjackson
Deactivated

Unread post by amtrakjackson »

Looks like a fun trip! I haven't been down to NW Ohio to fan in about a year, even though it's only an hour away and within earshot on the RR radio. Right now my only decent day off is Monday and it's not a good railfan day. :(

Ian

Scooterb
Sofa King Grumpy

Unread post by Scooterb »

Welcome to the board Ian. Do you ever get to the Jackson yard? I run up there when the weather is better. To get NS 38J comming back west in the afternoons. I think the NS line in Northern Ohio is seeing more traffic than it has in awhile. On a good night I can pickup radio traffic from down there.
Scott B.