New Three Rivers Railcam

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Michigan.
atrainguy60
Saginaw Sub Foamer

New Three Rivers Railcam

Unread post by atrainguy60 »

Just a heads up - Steel Highway Railcams just uploaded a new live camera on the Grand Elk in Three Rivers. Not busiest line, but may be useful in regards to tracking movements for those who railfan the line. Looks like there was already a train recorded on the cam at 4:05pm. Also, I see in their "Live" section on their channel page that they have an Owosso railcam scheduled to start streaming tomorrow evening at the Steam Railroad Institute.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YCWQh1MRqn0

Delray
Railroadfan...fan

Re: New Three Rivers Railcam

Unread post by Delray »

I wonder if they would do a cam on the CN Holly Sub. More traffic than those sites.

atrainguy60
Saginaw Sub Foamer

Unread post by atrainguy60 »

Delray wrote:
Mon Jun 26, 2023 6:58 pm
I wonder if they would do a cam on the CN Holly Sub. More traffic than those sites.
It would be neat to see a camera in downtown Holly, to see both CN and LSRC. Although I have no idea if there are any businesses there that would be willing to host a camera that has that view, so it might not be possible for all I know.

Delray
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Delray »

atrainguy60 wrote:
Mon Jun 26, 2023 7:38 pm
Delray wrote:
It would be neat to see a camera in downtown Holly, to see both CN and LSRC. Although I have no idea if there are any businesses there that would be willing to host a camera that has that view, so it might not be possible for all I know.
Holly, Royal Oak, Milwaukee Junction, etc. plenty of potential locations

Conrail Quality
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Conrail Quality »

Very cool. Nice location, Frankies has been in Three Eivers ever since I was a kid. Different owners over the years though.

Super Chief
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Super Chief »

Too bad they didn't put it at Schoolcraft but hey Frankie's probably did it cause Mike Lutz passed and his sister is running the restaurant now and he loved trains.

LansingRailFan
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by LansingRailFan »

I wish they had two cams. We’re missing the action.

NS3322
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by NS3322 »

Super Chief wrote:
Tue Jun 27, 2023 10:41 am
Too bad they didn't put it at Schoolcraft but hey Frankie's probably did it cause Mike Lutz passed and his sister is running the restaurant now and he loved trains.
Typically they want a building that is friendly to host a camera and has wi-fi, like a city owned Amtrak station.

Super Chief
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Super Chief »

Then Jackson or Kalamazoo should be considered. A sprinkling of freight between Amtracks.

MQT1223
O Scale Railfanner

Unread post by MQT1223 »

atrainguy60 wrote:
Delray wrote:
Once the depot is moved to the new location across from the Holly Hotel the plan is to set up a camera and make a railfan friendly area down there for viewing.

I did suggest Schoolcraft to the folks at Steel Highway but my guess would be the lack of a willing host is to blame.
1223 OUT! President and Founder of the Buck Creek Central, the Rolling River Route! (2012-2017) President and Founder of the Lamberton Valley Railroad, The Tin Plate Road! Proudly railfanning with Asperger's since 1996. :)

GTW
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by GTW »

Do you think there would be interest west of Battle Creek for a cam. South Bend, Ind. on the elevation would be very good with NS CN Amtrak.

MQT1223
O Scale Railfanner

Unread post by MQT1223 »

GTW wrote:
Tue Jun 27, 2023 10:20 pm
Do you think there would be interest west of Battle Creek for a cam. South Bend, Ind. on the elevation would be very good with NS CN Amtrak.
Honestly the lack of any railfans on the line between Battle Creek and South Bend, and by extension Kalamazoo on the former GTW has always been surprising to me. You would think that it would have the same following as the Flint Sub, but most of the fans are either north of or south of the line and the ones south of it focus more on the NS then to go north for a railroad with far less traffic. There are a few scattered here and there, but not like Grand Rapids.
1223 OUT! President and Founder of the Buck Creek Central, the Rolling River Route! (2012-2017) President and Founder of the Lamberton Valley Railroad, The Tin Plate Road! Proudly railfanning with Asperger's since 1996. :)

Delray
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Delray »

MQT1223 wrote:
Tue Jun 27, 2023 9:03 pm
atrainguy60 wrote:
Delray wrote:
Once the depot is moved to the new location across from the Holly Hotel the plan is to set up a camera and make a railfan friendly area down there for viewing.

I did suggest Schoolcraft to the folks at Steel Highway but my guess would be the lack of a willing host is to blame.
I would think Milwaukee Junction would be a good spot or even Royal Oak

Romulus has a park that could host a cam and is pretty busy

LansingRailFan
Railroadfan...fan

GTW wrote:
Tue Jun 27, 2023 10:20 pm
It would get stolen or vandalized in South Bend lol.

~Z~
Sofa King Admin

Unread post by ~Z~ »

LansingRailFan wrote:
Wed Jun 28, 2023 1:04 pm
I talked with Railstream and HorizonBroadband about somewhere on the South Bend joint line through town. I don't know if either tried many of the local businesses though. Seems like a decent number of choices through town, but a joint line camera would be great.
Webmaster
Railroad photos on Railroadfan.com

LansingRailFan
Railroadfan...fan

~Z~ wrote:
Wed Jun 28, 2023 2:27 pm
LansingRailFan wrote:
Wed Jun 28, 2023 1:04 pm
I talked with Railstream and HorizonBroadband about somewhere on the South Bend joint line through town. I don't know if either tried many of the local businesses though. Seems like a decent number of choices through town, but a joint line camera would be great.
It would be killer for sure.

Conrail Quality
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Conrail Quality »

Noticed the sound is messed up on the stream.

justalurker66
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by justalurker66 »

Every rail cam needs a cat ... this one jumped off the roof!
FrankiesCat.jpg