Hamilton Northwestern Railroad Co.

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Michigan.
Mike H
Railroadfan...fan

Re: Hamilton Northwestern Railroad Co.

Unread post by Mike H »

CSXT8390 wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2023 7:34 pm
Chip wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2023 1:51 pm
SD80MAC wrote:
Sun Oct 08, 2023 10:44 pm

I would be very curious to know what you think happened. I’ve heard quite a few laughable rumors.
Oh come on now, you can’t just drop a nugget like that and not share. I like comedy too!
Don’t go into yards that don’t belong to your railroad and switch cars out.
That is not the real reason, but it is definitely one of the rumors being spread by certain members of the union who caused the current situation. Things will return to normal when the time is right, & soon enough the couple bad apples from the union who caused the current situation will realize the unintended consequences of their actions.

Mike H

LansingRailFan
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by LansingRailFan »

I JUST WANT HAMILTON AND HARTFORD MERCHANDISE

CSXT8390
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by CSXT8390 »

Mike H wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2023 11:26 pm
CSXT8390 wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2023 7:34 pm
Chip wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2023 1:51 pm

Oh come on now, you can’t just drop a nugget like that and not share. I like comedy too!
Don’t go into yards that don’t belong to your railroad and switch cars out.
That is not the real reason, but it is definitely one of the rumors being spread by certain members of the union who caused the current situation. Things will return to normal when the time is right, & soon enough the couple bad apples from the union who caused the current situation will realize the unintended consequences of their actions.

Mike H
So I’m sure we would love to know the real reason then, because that’s the only thing I’ve specifically heard that the carrier and UTU took into account. And I’ve heard that from multiple sources.

*Edit* I’m not saying that it is a factual reason, but this does seem like a good time to clear the names of the employees involved and the HNW. If it were me, and I could clear the name, I’d be doing it unless I was legally bound not to do so.
Last edited by CSXT8390 on Tue Oct 10, 2023 8:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
My opinions and statements are my own personal views and do not represent those of my employer or any other employee associated with my employer unless specifically stated as such.

~Z~
Sofa King Admin

Unread post by ~Z~ »

From my understanding, CSX wasn't happy that the Hamilton Northwestern Railroad had locomotives that were still in a close paint scheme to their competitor Union Pacific. They said "oh no you didn't think yous were comin on our property with those colars!" and said they weren't allowed on CSX trackage anymore.
Attachments
Screenshot 2023-10-10 075647.jpg
Webmaster
Railroad photos on Railroadfan.com

TC Man
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by TC Man »

~Z~ wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2023 8:00 am
From my understanding, CSX wasn't happy that the Hamilton Northwestern Railroad had locomotives that were still in a close paint scheme to their competitor Union Pacific. They said "oh no you didn't think yous were comin on our property with those colars!" and said they weren't allowed on CSX trackage anymore.
But I've recently watched a CSX locomotive lashed up with a trio of UP locomotives on thr Cajon Pass on the UP main (assuming paying back hours). And doesn't UP interchange with CSX?
CEO of the Waving Institute- teaching great wave forms.

CSXT8390
Railroadfan...fan

TC Man wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2023 8:22 am
~Z~ wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2023 8:00 am
But I've recently watched a CSX locomotive lashed up with a trio of UP locomotives on thr Cajon Pass on the UP main (assuming paying back hours). And doesn't UP interchange with CSX?
We run BNSF engines on our coal trains. I don’t think they care what motive power they have.
My opinions and statements are my own personal views and do not represent those of my employer or any other employee associated with my employer unless specifically stated as such.

kd_1014
Mike

Unread post by kd_1014 »

Csx doesn’t like uP GRRRRRRRR

Jetlink
Not a Railfan

Unread post by Jetlink »

There is so much win in this thread now.
interested in trains

Patiently waiting for LansingRailfan to antagonize me in his tagline

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

When Endeavor Hamilton resumes rail service how many cars will they receive per week on average? From past observations they seemed to get 3-7 each week.
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

CAT345C
RedNeck Train Chaser

Unread post by CAT345C »

I'm still trying to figure out which fictional train I ran into Holland to get included in all fun.
Making the railroad all Catywompus since 2008

https://www.flickr.com/gp/66353741@N07/02EZ1e

12Bridge
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by 12Bridge »

CAT345C wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2023 11:05 am
I'm still trying to figure out which fictional train I ran into Holland to get included in all fun.

GRHC
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by GRHC »

I’m still not really sure why the Hamilton Northwestern has been dormant for almost the last year. Nobody has given any real concrete explanation.
What’s really sad is there have been some really hard working people who have put a lot of time and a lot of money into this business venture and at this point have most likely have not seen a return on their investment.
Does anybody know if the tree has been removed from the line?
3F6B9999-785D-4561-92C9-72FEB4BEA50F.jpeg
3F6B9999-785D-4561-92C9-72FEB4BEA50F.jpeg (35.54 KiB) Viewed 88842 times
Last edited by GRHC on Tue Oct 10, 2023 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CSXT8390
Railroadfan...fan

GRHC wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2023 11:50 am
I’m still not really sure why the Hamilton Northwestern has been dormant for almost the last year. Nobody has given any real concrete explanation.
What’s really sad is there have been some really hard working people who have put a lot of time and a lot of money into this business venture and at this point have most likely have not seen a return on their investment.
I just don’t understand why those hard working people wouldn’t offer an explanation for the line suspending its service.

Plenty of rumors, some backed by a lot of chatter on the carrier end, all of which have been denied. I’m by no means an expert on what went down, but if I was HNW management, I’d want to clear my name with a solid reason and evidence to back it up.

*edited for clarity and grammar*

GRHC
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by GRHC »

This thread had turned into a soap opera and we should call that soap opera As The Steel Wheels Turns. Tune in for tomorrow’s episode titled… Railfan Mental Masturbation will the HWN ever run again and if so where will the transload yard be located.

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

I asked a legitimate railroad question and so far, have been ghosted.
AARR wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2023 10:45 am
When Endeavor Hamilton resumes rail service how many cars will they receive per week on average? From past observations they seemed to get 3-7 each week.
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

GRHC
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by GRHC »

AARR wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2023 3:01 pm
I asked a legitimate railroad question and so far, have been ghosted.
AARR wrote:
Asking a question so you could include that information in one of your paper railroads does not count as a legitimate railroad question. Sorry AARR. Lol

But I do like your paper railroads so I will tell you this.

From what I remember CSX used to deliver 2 to 3 cars per week.
When the Hamilton Northwestern took over the car count definitely went up and I can say I saw a 5 to 6 car train at least twice.

Note: if you would like to enjoy one of AARR’s many many paper railroads you can do so by clicking on the link provided below.

viewforum.php?f=24

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

Thank you, I appreciate it.

Yes, I have an unpublished paper railroad with HNW as my inspiration. I prefer to work on my paper railroads of abandoned lines, though.
GRHC wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2023 3:16 pm
When the Hamilton Northwestern took over the car count definitely went up and I can say I saw a 5 to 6 car train at least twice.

CSXT8390
Railroadfan...fan

GRHC wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2023 2:46 pm
This thread had turned into a soap opera and we should call that soap opera As The Steel Wheels Turns. Tune in for tomorrow’s episode titled… Railfan Mental Masturbation will the HWN ever run again and if so where will the transload yard be located.
90% of working out here is rumors and petty bull... The other 10% is waiting on your ride for the deadhead. 😂

pudgy
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by pudgy »

GRHC wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2023 3:16 pm
AARR wrote:
Volume didn't really pick up when they took over, they just stacked the cars up or had a short rush that brought in longer cuts. Y121 regularly ran 5-8 cars per week when traffic was there. Other weeks it was 1-3 cars. The anticipated increase would have likely been new traffic they were working on, and hopefully these come to fruition. Whatever hangup is keeping the traffic from traveling this line will hopefully be worked out and things can move forward.
Big Easy

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

Thank you, Pudgy. I enjoy the logistics/operations of railroading.
pudgy wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2023 4:42 pm
Volume didn't really pick up when they took over, they just stacked the cars up or had a short rush that brought in longer cuts. Y121 regularly ran 5-8 cars per week when traffic was there. Other weeks it was 1-3 cars.