Page 1 of 1

Mt. Pleasant Passenger Cars

Unread postPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 9:51 pm
by NS3322
Who owns and what are the reporting marks for the passenger cars being stored at the Mt. Pleasant Commerce Center?

They are located at 43.60952, -84.78616

Re: Mt. Pleasant Passenger Cars

Unread postPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 6:50 am
by Super Chief
Last I knew they were all removed last year, dont know where they went but GLC moved the last one along the main in the fall, the other 3 were gone before that.

Re: Mt. Pleasant Passenger Cars

Unread postPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 7:04 am
by NS3322
Super Chief wrote:Last I knew they were all removed last year, dont know where they went but GLC moved the last one along the main in the fall, the other 3 were gone before that.


Thanks for the info.

Re: Mt. Pleasant Passenger Cars

Unread postPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 3:38 pm
by csx801
I watched them pluck the last car from along the main this past fall. The Mt pleasant to Clare fall colors train snagged it before it departed south for Owosso. The other cars, I have no clue when those left. The track is not very passable without heavy brush clearing. They may possibly still have equipment there, I'll inspect later this afternoon.

Edit: I drove by, and can confirm everything has been pulled

Re: Mt. Pleasant Passenger Cars

Unread postPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 9:16 pm
by NS3322
csx801 wrote:I watched them pluck the last car from along the main this past fall. The Mt pleasant to Clare fall colors train snagged it before it departed south for Owosso. The other cars, I have no clue when those left. The track is not very passable without heavy brush clearing. They may possibly still have equipment there, I'll inspect later this afternoon.


Do you know the reporting marks of the cars or where they went?

Re: Mt. Pleasant Passenger Cars

Unread postPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 1:24 pm
by csx801
NS3322 wrote:Do you know the reporting marks of the cars or where they went?


Unfortunately, I was never able to get close enough to get the reporting marks. I believe the last one to leave is at SRI, but don't quote me on that. I don't recall hearing any leaving GLC property

Re: Mt. Pleasant Passenger Cars

Unread postPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 1:35 am
by NS3322
RANX 1494 is at the SRI, tucked away in the back. What are the plans for this car?
And what's going on with the derelict Pennsy and C&O passenger cars in the GLC yard?

Image

Re: Mt. Pleasant Passenger Cars

Unread postPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:49 pm
by MiRailProductions
NS3322 wrote:RANX 1494 is at the SRI, tucked away in the back. What are the plans for this car?
And what's going on with the derelict Pennsy and C&O passenger cars in the GLC yard?

Image


I think I've seen older videos from the 90s when the 1225 pulled excursions with this passenger car in tow, and the SRI does talk a bit about how they are low on passenger cars... I think they have something in mind.

Re: Mt. Pleasant Passenger Cars

Unread postPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:40 pm
by Super Chief
SRI told me on the fall color train to Cadillac that they purchased a sleeper from Ringling Brothers circus train. Got it for a good price according to Arnie. Don't know when the expected arrival is though.

Re: Mt. Pleasant Passenger Cars

Unread postPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:37 pm
by NS3322
Looking over Google Streetview imagery, it appears two of the stored cars in Mt. Pleasant were of GTW heritage. Any idea where those ended up?

What is the story with the PRR Samuel Rea?
Image

And does anyone know the number of this C&O passenger car?
Image

Re: Mt. Pleasant Passenger Cars

Unread postPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:16 pm
by Raildudes dad
The C&O car came from the station in Traverse City years ago. The RANX 1494 was a Lake Central Rail Tours dining car. I was conductor on quite a few dinner trains to Clare from Mountain Town Station Mt Pleasant. Sometimes they served lobster stuffed ravioli as an appetizer. I made quite a few meals from the appetizer alone. Mmmgoood:) The duck entree also was delicious:):) (The crew ate good on those trips:) )