Peanut Bird Feeder Rings Incident

Posts that don't fit in the other train categories. Off Subject Chit Chat I tell you. :)
AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Peanut Bird Feeder Rings Incident

Unread post by AARR »

I have used peanut bird feeder rings Image for 20 years and for the first time ever there was a bird (blue jay) that crawled all the way inside the rings and was trapped. It barely fit and had to work hard to get inside. The peanuts are easily accessible from the outside of the rings. I can't imagine what motivated it to crawl inside. Has anyone ever had a similar experience?
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

J T
Hates Supper

Re: Peanut Bird Feeder Rings Incident

Unread post by J T »

Pics or it didn't happen!
https://www.flickr.com/photos/jimthias/
GRHC - you know every night I can imagine he is in front of his computer screen sitting in his underwear swearing profusely and drinking Blatz beer combing the RailRoadFan website for grammatical errors.

J T
Hates Supper

Unread post by J T »

The blue jays in my backyard go nuts for peanuts, too. They can clean out this peanut ring in under 30 minutes! I haven't filled it lately, though. For the time being I just toss peanuts out to the squirrels that visit my patio (they come up to the back door and ask for food. haha). This morning I threw a handful of peanuts out, and within seconds of them hitting the patio, a blue jay in the tree above started squawking. Within a minute or two there were at least six blue jays swooping down to steal the peanuts from the squirrels. :lol: I don't mind them, though, as they keep the birds of prey out of my backyard which in turn keeps my small dog safe.
bluejays-1252.jpg
https://www.flickr.com/photos/jimthias/
GRHC - you know every night I can imagine he is in front of his computer screen sitting in his underwear swearing profusely and drinking Blatz beer combing the RailRoadFan website for grammatical errors.

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

J T wrote:
Sat Jan 07, 2023 5:44 pm
The blue jays in my backyard go nuts for peanuts, too. They can clean out this peanut ring in under 30 minutes!
Same here, they eat the peanuts faster than Domino's can deliver a pizza :) .

I didn't take any pictures but I should have :( .
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

JT, the birds did not touch the peanut feeder ring today. I filled it first thing this morning and it is still full when I got home this evening. This is very weird.
AARR wrote:
Sat Jan 07, 2023 6:50 pm
J T wrote:
Sat Jan 07, 2023 5:44 pm
The blue jays in my backyard go nuts for peanuts, too. They can clean out this peanut ring in under 30 minutes!
Same here, they eat the peanuts faster than Domino's can deliver a pizza :) .

I didn't take any pictures but I should have :( .