Bowers farm Fall Festival this weekend!

Posts that don't fit in the other train categories. Off Subject Chit Chat I tell you. :)
David Collins
Youtube Railfan Guru

Bowers farm Fall Festival this weekend!

Unread post by David Collins »

https://www.schoolfarm.org/fall-fest

If you live in southeast michigan and want something to do this saturday and sunday, I recommend coming to Fall Fest! Located at Bowers School Farm, at 1219 E Square Lake Rd
Bloomfield Hills, MI 48304. Admission is $20. Fun for all ages!

I also recommend getting some cider and donuts, I make the donuts myself and trust me, they are AMAZING.

ConrailDetr​oit
Railroadfan...fan

Re: Bowers farm Fall Festival this weekend!

Unread post by ConrailDetr​oit »

David Collins wrote:
Fri Oct 14, 2022 1:23 pm

I also recommend getting some cider and donuts, I make the donuts myself and trust me, they are AMAZING.
What is the shortest amount of time a donut can sit from the time it is made, from the time it can be purchased and consumed? The shorter the time, the higher the quality, the more justifable of the marketed price.

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

To add to CRD comment the filling/frosting to donut ratio is improtant too. The more frosting and filling the better the donut.
ConrailDetr​oit wrote:
Fri Oct 14, 2022 7:14 pm
What is the shortest amount of time a donut can sit from the time it is made, from the time it can be purchased and consumed? The shorter the time, the higher the quality, the more justifable of the marketed price.
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

ConrailDetr​oit
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by ConrailDetr​oit »

AARR wrote:
Fri Oct 14, 2022 7:15 pm
To add to CRD comment the filling/frosting to donut ratio is improtant too. The more frosting and filling the better the donut.
ConrailDetr​oit wrote:
Fri Oct 14, 2022 7:14 pm
Agreed.

Except unfilled donuts that are not filled or frosted, and only coated in sugar and spice as many cider mills donuts are, would be most evaluated by their freshness.

David Collins
Youtube Railfan Guru

The donuts old are not filled with anything, they're just dusted with cinnamon sugar, and they sit for no more than 30 seconds before being bagged and sold.

J T
Hates Supper

Unread post by J T »

I'm showing up with my stopwatch this weekend...
https://www.flickr.com/photos/jimthias/
GRHC - you know every night I can imagine he is in front of his computer screen sitting in his underwear swearing profusely and drinking Blatz beer combing the RailRoadFan website for grammatical errors.

David Collins
Youtube Railfan Guru

J T wrote:
Mon Oct 17, 2022 7:36 pm
I'm showing up with my stopwatch this weekend...
Fall Fest ended yesterday... :(

We had close to/record turnout this year!