RRFan.com’s pets!

Posts that don't fit in the other train categories. Off Subject Chit Chat I tell you. :)
David Collins
Youtube Railfan Guru

RRFan.com’s pets!

Unread post by David Collins »

I thought this would be kind of a fun thread to start, where people can share pictures of their pets and talk about them and what not

In my entire life, I’ve had 4 dogs, Tugboat, Bode, Roscoe and Mojo.

My family and I adopted tugboat (who was Rottweiler/bulldog mix) when I was 3 years old and unfortunately had to put him down when I was in 1st grade (Tugboat was 5 at the time), he got into literally everything and he unfortunately got into a beanie baby stuffed animal that had a metal piece in it.

About a year after tugboats passing, me and my family decided to adopt a rescue dog, which was in the form of a Saint Bernard, unfortunately we didn’t know his age since the breeder technically gave up on him, he became a stray and then the rescue down in Toledo got him, we were guessing he was about two years old when we got him, and he was a BIG dog at the time, His name was Big Ben at the time, but we renamed him bode, as my parents say, we hit the doggy lottery with him, he was always chill, never got hyper, and he rarely barked, he was more like a speed bump since he layed down in the highest traffic areas of the house :lol:, he stayed with us through the move to Charlotte, when I moved back, dad was still working down south and bode was staying with him since the apartment my mom and I were residing in at the time didn’t allow dogs. However my dad was working late a lot and he almost never had time with bode, so he attempted to put him up for adoption when the kennel he was staying at took him, and he became the mascot for the entire Best Friends kennel chain in Charlotte, bode passed last year at the presumed age of 16.

Bode also at one point got a brother (Roscoe), who we had for just under a year, roscoe was a Olde English Bulldog mixed with a mastiff, unfortunately Roscoe’s previous owners neglected him and Roscoe was practically deaf, and the medicine we were giving him made him very agressive, we ended up putting him up for adoption in summer 2016.

Then there were no dogs for awhile until winter 2021, when we adopted a puppy that we thought was a Great Dane, named mojo, this dog came into our lives at a time we most needed it, my mom lost her brother 3 months prior and my dad had just lost both of his parents. Mojo was one of the cutest dogs I’ve ever had, we got him when he was less than 3 months old, unfortunately, his tenure here was short, since I live in a condo, I don’t have big backyard, and we found out that he was actually a catahoula leopard dog, which requires big backyards which we don’t have here. Mojo now lives with a Great Dane and a Great family.

Now a new chapter begins, my dad just drove out to Illinois, where he met a breeder and some of his Saint Bernard puppies that were born just 5 weeks ago, I will say, my dad Skype called with my Mom and I, and they’re some of the cutest things I’ve ever seen, we already have picked our favorite, and hopefully if all goes to plan, he’ll be named Gilbert.

Unfortunately I don’t have any photos on my phone of tugboat or Roscoe since we had them before I got my phone, but I do have photos of bode, Mojo and soon to be Gilbert

I’d love to here about everyone else’s pets!

Pictures:
1. Bode laying down right next to the stairs being a goofball
2. Mojo on the 1st day in our household with me holding him.
Attachments
274FD1C5-E228-4657-A41F-CF0DC28CAE75.jpeg
39832B80-8636-4DC3-AC2C-EF68FD1F2571.jpeg
Ferris State University’s Train Guy

Youtube: Michigan Railfan Films

Flickr: David R. Collins

SC: daveeed1k

Jochs
Iron Horse Whisperer

Re: RRFan.com’s pets!

Unread post by Jochs »

I have 3 cats.
George, who was adopted as a rescue in May, 2020.
IMG_0545.JPG
And brother Spot and Oreo, who adopted me on Labor Day,2021. They were two kittens that were apparently abandoned, as they were skinny and full of internal and external parasites.
DSC_1406 (2).JPG
Jeff O.
Celebrating 11 years dial-up free!

(18:36:45) MagnumForce: Railfanning is way more fun when you stop caring about locomotives and signals
(19:11:29) cbehr91: I can't believe I'm +1ing Brent but +1

Jochs
Iron Horse Whisperer

Re: RRFan.com’s pets!

Unread post by Jochs »

More current photos of the kittens who adopted me back in September.
Spot.
DSC_1349.JPG
Oreo
DSC_0542 (2).JPG
They like playing in the bathtub, and trying to drink the water dripping from the faucet.
DSC_1234 (3).JPG
Jeff O.
Celebrating 11 years dial-up free!

(18:36:45) MagnumForce: Railfanning is way more fun when you stop caring about locomotives and signals
(19:11:29) cbehr91: I can't believe I'm +1ing Brent but +1