Greeting everyone.

Posts that don't fit in the other train categories. Off Subject Chit Chat I tell you. :)
Anti Social Railfan
Railroadfan...fan

Greeting everyone.

Unread post by Anti Social Railfan »

1st up, thanks to the staff for allowing me in. I am the Anti Social Railfan. My home area is the Carolinas and I primarily film in the Carolinas and surrounding states. I've also taken trips to southern Ga, West Va, West Pa and and Eastern - North Central Ohio.

My Home line is the CSX Charlotte Sub. PSR hasn't been kind to the CSX Charlotte Sub, and that was after CSX of tomorrow all but shuttered the Clinchfield which all but shuttered the Charlotte Sub. After the remaining manifest Q 696 and Q 697 were abolished, the Charlotte Sub was bereft of trains with a couple locals and a rare reroute here and there. Back around Spring 2019 CSX started to run a couple ethanol trains, one to Charlotte and another to Healing Springs Via Bostic. Right around the same time, the Marshall coal train resumed. Better than nothing but you could go 24 hours with no traffic. About a month ago, a new manifest appeared, Q 652 and Q 653. it seems that CSX are running more bulk trains Via Bostic and Hamlet. For example N 378 coal loads to Orlando, as well an an N 015 coal loads to Seminole. CSX has also sent a couple grain consists down via Monroe, long may it last.

I'm within 50 Miles of the NS Charlotte, Columbia (R and W Line) Ashville Dist, L Line. and the CSX Blue Ridge Sub, former Clinchfield and CSX Belton Sub, Former P&N

I'll be happy to answer any questions anyone has. I'm looking forward tp asking some questions of my own, especially to you folks in Ohio which I'll get too in future posts.
I Hated GP50s, until they were gone.

http://www.youtube.com/c/AntiSocialRailfanProductions

David Collins
Youtube Railfan Guru

Re: Greeting everyone.

Unread post by David Collins »

Anti Social Railfan wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 7:28 pm
1st up, thanks to the staff for allowing me in. I am the Anti Social Railfan. My home area is the Carolinas and I primarily film in the Carolinas and surrounding states. I've also taken trips to southern Ga, West Va, West Pa and and Eastern - North Central Ohio.

My Home line is the CSX Charlotte Sub. PSR hasn't been kind to the CSX Charlotte Sub, and that was after CSX of tomorrow all but shuttered the Clinchfield which all but shuttered the Charlotte Sub. After the remaining manifest Q 696 and Q 697 were abolished, the Charlotte Sub was bereft of trains with a couple locals and a rare reroute here and there. Back around Spring 2019 CSX started to run a couple ethanol trains, one to Charlotte and another to Healing Springs Via Bostic. Right around the same time, the Marshall coal train resumed. Better than nothing but you could go 24 hours with no traffic. About a month ago, a new manifest appeared, Q 652 and Q 653. it seems that CSX are running more bulk trains Via Bostic and Hamlet. For example N 378 coal loads to Orlando, as well an an N 015 coal loads to Seminole. CSX has also sent a couple grain consists down via Monroe, long may it last.

I'm within 50 Miles of the NS Charlotte, Columbia (R and W Line) Ashville Dist, L Line. and the CSX Blue Ridge Sub, former Clinchfield and CSX Belton Sub, Former P&N

I'll be happy to answer any questions anyone has. I'm looking forward tp asking some questions of my own, especially to you folks in Ohio which I'll get too in future posts.
Welcome to the site! I’ve been a fan of your channel for awhile, I used to be NC Railfan Productions on YouTube while I lived in the state, if you remember me. I have plans to make a Southeast trip for my spring break and my plan is to hit my old spots in the state (North Advance, Charlotte Junction, Graham, Spencer, Five Row, Thomasville, Etc). I was providing NC ATCS updates on the NS Heads up Thread and now I know they’ll be useful, once again, welcome! 🙃
Ferris State University’s Train Guy

Youtube: Michigan Railfan Films

Flickr: David R. Collins

SC: daveeed1k

Anti Social Railfan
Railroadfan...fan

Thanks

Nice throw back Vid of 135. Those were the days.

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

Welcome :)
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

Anti Social Railfan
Railroadfan...fan

Thank You AARR.