Dales RR history board IMPLOSION!!!

Posts that don't fit in the other train categories. Off Subject Chit Chat I tell you. :)
Todd Cline
Railroadfan...fan

Dales RR history board IMPLOSION!!!

Unread post by Todd Cline »

Anyone here see the latest feud over there between Paul and Don? It was darn near outta' control for a week! Where was Dale? There were some questions as to that . A discussion board needs a moderator that actually PARTICIPATES in the board. This board is well overseen by Zach. I've been known to get overboard a few times, and I truly apprecieate Zach stepping in and correcting me. If anyone asks me, THIS is the board to be in. I just wish more of the "Historical Minded" people would come over here. Right now, our historical thread is sadly lacking. I don't post much historical stuff here because I don't see anyone here with much interest in reading/participating in it. Let's change that!
http://members4.boardhost.com/RRHXHisto ... 14340.html

Todd Cline.
P.S. Were all in this together... Keep your stick on the ice.

SD80MAC
Ingersoll's Mr. Michigan

Re: Dales RR history board IMPLOSION!!!

Unread post by SD80MAC »

Just because people don't reply doesn't mean we don't love reading the historical posts.
"Remember, 4 mph is a couple, 5's a collision!"
http://flickriver.com/photos/conrail680 ... teresting/

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

Don't worry, Don has a teenage daughter and knows how to handle drama and temper tantrums :lol:
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

J T
Hates Supper

Unread post by J T »

That Don Simon guy sure knows how to piss people off. :lol: :wink:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/jimthias/
GRHC - you know every night I can imagine he is in front of his computer screen sitting in his underwear swearing profusely and drinking Blatz beer combing the RailRoadFan website for grammatical errors.

James Sofonia
Grand Traverse Dinner Train 1996

Unread post by James Sofonia »

SD80MAC wrote:Just because people don't reply doesn't mean we don't love reading the historical posts.
Agreed. This is why I suggested some time ago that a "like" button be added to the board. But this was met opposition that some members said would make the board like FaceBook. So instead good posts go unacknowledged or we have to clog up the thread with short replies.

Ypsi
The Bestest Railroadfan... fan

Unread post by Ypsi »

There is a spot that shows how much a post was viewed.. Even some post with no replies get hundreds of views which is pretty good.
"Ann Arbor 2373 Calling... Milkshake. Over"

All Aboard Amtrak: Northbound, Southbound, and My Hometown

Mr. Tops
Ferroequinologist

Unread post by Mr. Tops »

Wow Don, you opened a can of worms, there! :lol: That Paul guy needs to be clubbed upside the head. There is a term for what he is doing; it's called cyber-bullying. He posted that thread with the sole intent of calling you out and bullying. Chances are you've never met in person, otherwise there would have been more tact coming from him (maybe?). Until then, some people don't realize, or care that there is a person behind the screen name, and that person may actually be a decent human being. I've seen Paul's type before; they have no place on the internet, or in this world, really. Let them do their thing, they will eventually self-destruct.

I'm pretty sure most everyone else, on both boards is pulling for you, Don. :)

Saturnalia
Authority on Cat

Unread post by Saturnalia »

As a member of both boards, the "character assassination" between the two does no good. And certainly I don't support pot shots on Paul from a different board, to which he cannot answer. He may have gone "off the deep end", but really, it should be only between Don and Paul - on MIRR included.

I'm no moderator, but in my humble opinion, I don't think this thread really serves a useful let alone helpful purpose. This thread sucks...Drive thru?
Thornapple River Rail Series - YouTube
Safety today is your investment for tomorrow

12Bridge
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by 12Bridge »

And its no wonder a younger generation wants nothing to do with museums, forums etc. Way to much bull.

People need to grow up.

Raildudes dad
Roadmaster

Unread post by Raildudes dad »

12Bridge wrote:And its no wonder a younger generation wants nothing to do with museums, forums etc. Way to much bull.

People need to grow up.
There's a number of folks on that board that refuse to even read this board because of the"younger generation" on this board.

M.D.Bentley
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by M.D.Bentley »

YOUNGER ! Railroading or Railfanning has no age limits. Not everyone knows everything (Although some think they they do :-) ) The sharing of information/knowledge/experiences is what all of these boards should be about . Sometimes cutting through the BS is the hard part. Share what you can and listen for what interests you.
Last edited by M.D.Bentley on Mon Jan 12, 2015 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ConrailMan5
Better than Ypsi

Unread post by ConrailMan5 »

Cheap shots are the problem Alex, I'll agree with that. Disagreements and Constructive criticism on the boards are great, without something being wrong or incorrect, there would be no learning and sharing information between geographic areas and generations. It's when a character shots are attached that it becomes detrimental.

IMHO the thread is good so that we can discuss these sort of issues (and theoretically avoid them). It is, after all, a discussion forum.
"I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different."
-Kurt Vonnegut

GreatLakesRailfan
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by GreatLakesRailfan »

Todd Cline wrote:Anyone here see the latest feud over there between Paul and Don? It was darn near outta' control for a week! Where was Dale? There were some questions as to that . [/url]
Todd, that thread is so last week...shouldn't this be in the history section on this board, with a historical topic and all? :wink: :D :lol:

Dale adds members once a month or so to his boards, but that Paul guy had been around for years, on and off apparently. He wasn't a troll who joined just to cause trouble, or so it would seem. The thread will probably disappear if anyone brought it to Dale's attention. Personally I thought the nature of the plagiarism claim he made was pretty bogus, even for a university professor, but his carrying on like that is what generated the other responses.

SD80MAC wrote:Just because people don't reply doesn't mean we don't love reading the historical posts.
+1

Admittedly I sometimes forget to check the historical forum here sometimes, but I enjoy reading the threads even if I don't have anything to contribute to them.
MQT3001 wrote:And certainly I don't support pot shots on Paul from a different board, to which he cannot answer.
+1
Do we know for sure he's not a member here as well? He obviously knew the information was being posted over here.
~ Charles W.

J T
Hates Supper

Unread post by J T »

Raildudes dad wrote:
There's a number of folks on that board that refuse to even read this board because of the"younger generation" on this board.
And this is why the younger generation should infiltrate that board. :twisted:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/jimthias/
GRHC - you know every night I can imagine he is in front of his computer screen sitting in his underwear swearing profusely and drinking Blatz beer combing the RailRoadFan website for grammatical errors.

Bulby
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Bulby »

Todd Cline wrote:I just wish more of the "Historical Minded" people would come over here. Right now, our historical thread is sadly lacking. I don't post much historical stuff here because I don't see anyone here with much interest in reading/participating in it.
I enjoy reading the posts in the history section, and contribute if I have something to contribute.
Apparently I work on GEs now...

Typhoon
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Typhoon »

MQT3001 wrote:As a member of both boards, the "character assassination" between the two does no good. And certainly I don't support pot shots on Paul from a different board, to which he cannot answer. He may have gone "off the deep end", but really, it should be only between Don and Paul - on MIRR included.
If he wanted it to be only between himself and Don, there are ways to make that happen. Private messages or emails would have kept it "in house". However he posted it for the world to see, so it is open season. As for "pot shots" taken on this board about him, he can sign up to defend himself just fine if he would like to. Again, he made the post public, he can deal with the aftermath. IMO, for the amount of ruckus he caused, he got off easy.

Edit to add, Thinking about it, does that board even permit private messages? Since the format of it seems straight out of 1994, it might not.
Last edited by Typhoon on Mon Jan 12, 2015 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SD80MAC
Ingersoll's Mr. Michigan

Unread post by SD80MAC »

I don't think it does, Typhoon.
"Remember, 4 mph is a couple, 5's a collision!"
http://flickriver.com/photos/conrail680 ... teresting/

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

I think the lesson for everyone is don't mess with Don Simon. He's a baaaaad dude 8) :twisted:
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

Bulby
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Bulby »

AARR wrote:I think the lesson for everyone is don't mess with Don Simon. He's a baaaaad dude 8) :twisted:
Is now the time to ask when he will be given a section of this forum for the sole purpose of re-posting responses to Paul's questions?
Apparently I work on GEs now...

Y@
Ass. Janitor

Unread post by Y@ »

I tried to read through it. I can't do it. That format hurts my eyes.
Bottom text.