Michigan police officers learn railway safety at HESR

Posts that don't fit in the other train categories. Off Subject Chit Chat I tell you. :)
R.E.A.P.E.R.
Railroadfan...fan

Michigan police officers learn railway safety at HESR

Unread post by R.E.A.P.E.R. »

"Officers from Bay, Saginaw, Midland and Arenac county police departments gathered in the Bay County Law Enforcement Center on Monday, June 3, for an eight-hour Grade Crossing Collision Investigation course"

http://www.mlive.com/news/bay-city/inde ... olice.html

Read the comments :shock:

J T
Hates Supper

Re: Michigan police officers learn railway safety at HESR

Unread post by J T »

3. Where are the crossing safety signals for the trains going too fast with no brakes or steering at 1,000s of crossings?
:lol: :lol: :lol:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/jimthias/
GRHC - you know every night I can imagine he is in front of his computer screen sitting in his underwear swearing profusely and drinking Blatz beer combing the RailRoadFan website for grammatical errors.

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

I can't find the comments :oops:
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

pudgy
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by pudgy »

Wow...and the scary part is there are probably millions of people that feel the way this guy does. Some people don't grasp 3 things: Physics, Necessity, and Common Sense. If the last 2 were understood more by more people, the first could be ignored, to a point. Some people just don't know how to shut their mouths and learn from the world around them, simultaneously removing benefit to themselves and adding to someone else' stress/work load. The fact that we need an organization like OLS is just crazy. I fully support the program and wish more people would pay attention, but why we still need to tell people that "trains are heavy, long transportation devices, and they don't stop quickly" is absurd in today's day and age. We darn near know what celebrities eat and drink on a daily basis, but people still don't know to stop at the railroad crossing when the lights flash. Unbelievable.

"off the sud stool"
Just a Fat Guy

J T
Hates Supper

Unread post by J T »

AARR wrote:I can't find the comments :oops:
You must not have scrolled down far enough. They are there. :)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/jimthias/
GRHC - you know every night I can imagine he is in front of his computer screen sitting in his underwear swearing profusely and drinking Blatz beer combing the RailRoadFan website for grammatical errors.

Wrong Main
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Wrong Main »

Wow, it's hard to believe that Bob Tod, or whatever the commenter's name is, has lived this long. Somebody needs to do a better job of vacuuming the gene pool!
Wrong Main
Even a stopped clock is right twice a day!!

Norm
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Norm »

That guy's been spendin' too much time suckin' up Jack Daniels with Waylon, Willie, and the boys. Talk about clueless. :shock:
Norm