How would your respond to these comments?

Posts that don't fit in the other train categories. Off Subject Chit Chat I tell you. :)
R.E.A.P.E.R.
Railroadfan...fan

How would your respond to these comments?

Unread post by R.E.A.P.E.R. »

Read these stores and than view the comments.

One rail hater:
http://www.mlive.com/sports/saginaw/ind ... a_poi.html

Lots of rail haters:
http://wreg.com/2012/07/11/police-and-r ... accidents/

DT&I
Commodore Perry

Re: How would your respond to these comments?

Unread post by DT&I »

R.E.A.P.E.R. wrote:Read these stores and than view the comments.

One rail hater:
http://www.mlive.com/sports/saginaw/ind ... a_poi.html

To the first one, that person doesn't know what they are talking about, and the second one. What about all the times that the gates and lights work properly and the driver is trying to beat the train(most of the time), and that does not make its the railroads fualt.
I'm just here to put in time claims and complain

CSX_CO
Over and Out

Unread post by CSX_CO »

I wouldn't justify their ignorance with a response. That's what they're looking for. Like the old saying "Its like trying to wresting with a pig in the mud, pretty soon you realize the pig is enjoying it."

Practice Safe CSX

Saturnalia
Authority on Cat

Unread post by Saturnalia »

For the 1st one:
The Railroads just have way to much D*%$ Power
Really? You've got to be kidding me. NIMBYs win almost every time.....
Thornapple River Rail Series - YouTube
Safety today is your investment for tomorrow

A No.1
To Portland

Unread post by A No.1 »

CSX_CO wrote:I wouldn't justify their ignorance with a response. That's what they're looking for. Like the old saying "Its like trying to wresting with a pig in the mud, pretty soon you realize the pig is enjoying it."

Practice Safe CSX

I like that. Good analogy.
Mark it Zero.

M.D.Bentley
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by M.D.Bentley »

I'am glad that people can not walk on water! Try telling the police that I didn't see that lake freighter as I was walking down the middle of the shipping channel. OR, HOW dare they try to land a Boeing 747 as I jog down the runway ! Stupid is as stupid does. :D

CSX_CO
Over and Out

Unread post by CSX_CO »

MQT3001 wrote:For the 1st one:
The Railroads just have way to much D*%$ Power
Really? You've got to be kidding me. NIMBYs win almost every time.....
I wouldn't say NIMBY's 'win', they just make everything more expensive. Railroad is going to do what they need/want, but the NIMBY's just make the process cost 10 times a much with legal actions, stall tactics, etc.

Most crossing accidents result in out of court settlements. RR's don't want the bad PR (even if they aren't at fault). Lawyers love it because they get easy cash because they know the RR's would rather settle out of court.

Practice Safe CSX

Tom
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Tom »

"The rail roads have WAY to much power, and they waste fuel of cars waiting for those 80-120 car blockages. I just hope someone doesn't die because an ambulance or firetruck can't get through! We're living in the 21 century, LOSE THE D A M N railroads!"

Yeah, put the freight and Haz Mat on trucks. They never cause backups or kill anyone. :D

J T
Hates Supper

Unread post by J T »

Idiot wrote:"The rail roads have WAY to much power, and they waste fuel of cars waiting for those 80-120 car blockages. I just hope someone doesn't die because an ambulance or firetruck can't get through! We're living in the 21 century, LOSE THE D A M N railroads!"
No, the people who don't turn their cars off while waiting for those 80-120 car blockages are the ones who waste fuel. Also, if not for trains, there would be tens of thousands of more trucks on the road wasting fuel.

Do these mouth-breathers even think before they speak?
https://www.flickr.com/photos/jimthias/
GRHC - you know every night I can imagine he is in front of his computer screen sitting in his underwear swearing profusely and drinking Blatz beer combing the RailRoadFan website for grammatical errors.

Tom
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Tom »

"A corrupt Supreme Court made it where railroads don't pay diddly squat for crossing signals decades ago. They rob the tax-payers blind on equipment/labor when the signals get put in and have stolen MILLIONS on signal equipment on closed/reworked crossings"

This is one of my favorites. My response:

You are correct. Gated and lighted crossings prolong the lives of bad drivers and should be eliminated. A stop sign and crossbucks are all that is needed to prevent a good driver from being hit by a train.

J T
Hates Supper

Unread post by J T »

Reading some of these comments makes me want to take the idiots by their necks and choke them.
GRHC - you know every night I can imagine he is in front of his computer screen sitting in his underwear swearing profusely and drinking Blatz beer combing the RailRoadFan website for grammatical errors.

R.E.A.P.E.R.
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by R.E.A.P.E.R. »

Sorry to add more fuel to the fire, but here is another one regarding the recent teen vs CN freight in Fenton.

http://brighton.patch.com/articles/pede ... n-accident

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

It seems to me in the second link Jon Braun (?) is the main anti-rail guy and he seems to have some solid facts to support his position. It would take some homework to verify the accuracy of his statements and some research on counter-facts to respond.
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

J T
Hates Supper

Unread post by J T »

R.E.A.P.E.R. wrote:Sorry to add more fuel to the fire, but here is another one regarding the recent teen vs CN freight in Fenton.

http://brighton.patch.com/articles/pede ... n-accident
BP

12:03 pm on Saturday, July 14, 2012

You forgot the railroad makes millions a year so where the hell are the murder charges for lack of safety equipment for the train brakes for 1800s trains and no steering wheels out driving their sight distance?

100s of times a year this lip service BS is printed after train killings.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

DT&I
Commodore Perry

Unread post by DT&I »

"BP" is clearly a complete moron, if she wasnt walking on the tracks she wouldnt have gotten hit, that simple, problem solved....
I'm just here to put in time claims and complain

M.D.Bentley
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by M.D.Bentley »

We need George Carlin now more than ever !

J T
Hates Supper

Unread post by J T »

M.D.Bentley wrote:We need George Carlin now more than ever !
"Train Killings"....watch out, they're comin' to get'cha!!

:lol:

ConrailMan5
Better than Ypsi

Unread post by ConrailMan5 »

and several billion dollars later.... John brawn gets his way.

Every crossing on the AA pitsfield branch (and for that matter, in the country) gets quad gates, video monitoring equiptment and a gate watchman
"I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different."
-Kurt Vonnegut

Tom
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Tom »

AARR wrote:It seems to me in the second link Jon Braun (?) is the main anti-rail guy and he seems to have some solid facts to support his position. It would take some homework to verify the accuracy of his statements and some research on counter-facts to respond.
The guy is full of it. So all this time I thought people were going around gates and trying to beat the train, but according to this "certified expert" in most cases the crossing gates don't come down until the train has already hit the car and scraped the rails clean so the signals operate? Is this guy even serious? There's too much venom (and capital letters) in his posts for them to be even credible.

I don't need to do any homework to verify his facts. Around here we only have crossbucks and it's the driver's fault if they get hit.