Website donations

Questions and updates for http://www.railroadfan.com are posted here. If anyone has suggestions, either post here or email me at zack@railroadfan.com.
~Z~
Sofa King Admin

Website donations

Unread post by ~Z~ »

As many of you are aware, railroadfan.com has been upgraded over to a new web hosting server. The additional costs are substansial, and am encouraging donations to help keep the site as a free service. The new site costs approx. 5 times the amount that the old website had, and I simply can't afford to pay that kind of cost out of pocket. No donation is too small; if you only have $5 to spare, it is appreciated. If the services this site has provided saved you money in any way, please think of that.
I would like to take this last moment to thank ALL of you whom have continued to make this place the place that it is.

Snail Mail donations: Please send me a PM on here, or email me at zack@railroadfan.com for the local address.

Here's a link for Paypal if you wish to donate that way:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?c ... id=2162777
Paypal does take a percentage out of the donation, so snail mail is preferred.
Webmaster
Railroad photos on Railroadfan.com

~Z~
Sofa King Admin

Re: Website donations

Unread post by ~Z~ »

For all of those that have donated, I can't thank you enough...I'm amazed that I haven't had to ask for donations, as it's been a little over 2 1/2 years since we moved to this newer server and donations have trumped hosting fees. Until last month that is, as we're actually now behind. I know money can be scarce, but if you have anything to spare, the site could use some help. Of course I take no overhead for my time behind the scenes, and all donations are strictly for hosting/domain name charges. Either PM me or email me at zack@railroadfan.com if you'd like to send a check via USPS, or use the PayPal "Donate" link at the bottom of the message board pages.

In alphabetical order, here's who I have listed as donors, and thank you! If i missed anyone's name, please message me:
AARR
Amtrak1007
BB
Brian_F
CAT345C
Cinderpath
Donnieland
EMDSteelAceInfernoSteve
Esprrfan
GP30M4216
GR Ron
Hugh
JT
JustAaron
KC
Magnumforce
MDH
mikerm19
Mr Tops
Norm
odave
Paul W
Pat C
pbmaxno15
Penn Central
pfs
Raildude's Dad
Railohio
Redside20
rsinoms
Russ Hill
Scooterb
SD40-2
sd70accsxt700
Slyguy1500(who gave $0.01 and paypal feed me $0.01)
SteveTJ
SW
Tlout
Todd Cline
TrainJunkie47
Trnwatcher
TSB
wawatam

Thanks also to those who have bought up some of my older HO scale stuff, it's helped with the bills as of late.
Webmaster
Railroad photos on Railroadfan.com