Photo attachment size

Questions and updates for http://www.railroadfan.com are posted here. If anyone has suggestions, either post here or email me at zack@railroadfan.com.
~Z~
Sofa King Admin

Photo attachment size

Unread post by ~Z~ »

I believe I've fixed a bug where photos from a cell phone or other unaltered shots had to be resized to something smaller to be able to be uploaded here. You should now be able to upload your .jpeg photos to the site as an attachment on a message board post, and it'll resize it to a maximum dimension of 1200x800. Let me know if attachments work better for you all now.
Webmaster
Railroad photos on Railroadfan.com

Saturnalia
Authority on Cat

Re: Photo attachment size

Unread post by Saturnalia »

testing...

Results: much improved - great quality when pulling it up by clicking on it :)

Bravo - thanks for providing us with improvements and careful stewardship all these years
Attachments
vlcsnap-2020-04-13-02h02m13s405.png
Thornapple River Rail Series - YouTube
Safety today is your investment for tomorrow

Tom49801
Bangor Webcam Master

Unread post by Tom49801 »

~Z~ wrote:
Sun Nov 07, 2021 12:02 am
I believe I've fixed a bug where photos from a cell phone or other unaltered shots had to be resized to something smaller to be able to be uploaded here. You should now be able to upload your .jpeg photos to the site as an attachment on a message board post, and it'll resize it to a maximum dimension of 1200x800. Let me know if attachments work better for you all now.
Can photos stored on a laptop be uploaded? I don't know how it's done, from my understanding, you had to have a photo with a web address link in order to upload to here.

Saturnalia
Authority on Cat

Unread post by Saturnalia »

Tom49801 wrote:
Sun Nov 07, 2021 5:22 am
~Z~ wrote:
Sun Nov 07, 2021 12:02 am
Can photos stored on a laptop be uploaded? I don't know how it's done, from my understanding, you had to have a photo with a web address link in order to upload to here.
Below the save draft, preview and submit buttons on the full post editor, there are two tabs: options and attachments. Select the latter and that’s where you can upload. It’ll work from your laptop, desktop, phone or tablet all the same.
Attachments
D14AE87E-1F5D-4E42-A51E-164E20EF6BED.jpeg
Thornapple River Rail Series - YouTube
Safety today is your investment for tomorrow