Website overhaul

Questions and updates for http://www.railroadfan.com are posted here. If anyone has suggestions, either post here or email me at zack@railroadfan.com.
Garry K
Railroadfan...fan

Re: Website overhaul

Unread post by Garry K »

OK, so I just switched my preferences to prosilver, and it is not much better than the default. Now (with prosilver), there is gray text on a light blue/gray background. Still not enough contrast for my old eyes to read easily.

PLEASE add an option so I can see BLACK text on a WHITE background. Thank you.

Garry K

PerRock
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by PerRock »

Just a little annoyance from me on the redesign (otherwise I'm fine), I dislike that the Undread/New/etc is now hidden behind the quicklinks menu... Unread is the most commonly used button for me on the site.

peter
Given the choice; I fly Amtrak.
American Trainz Group

Jochs
Iron Horse Whisperer

Unread post by Jochs »

PerRock wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 4:46 pm
Just a little annoyance from me on the redesign (otherwise I'm fine), I dislike that the Undread/New/etc is now hidden behind the quicklinks menu... Unread is the most commonly used button for me on the site.

peter
That "unread posts" button is useless anyways, as many new information is not shown as "unread" when people re-edit or add to their current posts.
Jeff O.
Celebrating 11 years dial-up free!

(18:36:45) MagnumForce: Railfanning is way more fun when you stop caring about locomotives and signals
(19:11:29) cbehr91: I can't believe I'm +1ing Brent but +1

boteman
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by boteman »

I'm glad that I can't log in to the wiki because of growing pains, because I had feared that the site was left for dead. I'll stage my wiki updates until things are back to normal. Thanks for all your efforts, they are definitely appreciated by many.

MQT1223
O Scale Railfanner

Unread post by MQT1223 »

How do you find the section where all of the previous threads you've participated in are shown?

Can we also have a contest to update the photos at the top of the page, and or maybe a logo?

**Of course I figure out how to do it literally moments after asking the freaking question...
1223 OUT! President and Founder of the Buck Creek Central, the Rolling River Route! (2012-2017) President and Founder of the Lamberton Valley Railroad, The Tin Plate Road! Proudly railfanning with Asperger's since 1996. :)

~Z~
Sofa King Admin

Unread post by ~Z~ »

boteman wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 10:54 pm
I'm glad that I can't log in to the wiki because of growing pains, because I had feared that the site was left for dead. I'll stage my wiki updates until things are back to normal. Thanks for all your efforts, they are definitely appreciated by many.
So far, I can't seem to get the login IDs from this message board to correlate directly with the logins for the wiki. Yesterday, I disabled the message board logins, and temporarily set it so you can create your own account and edit. Of course the spammers started to register and make their own spam pages. Disabled user logins and edits for now. I think I'm going to go the approach of having folks email me with their request to have a wiki account for the time being. This software is just not working well with the message board at all.
Webmaster
Railroad photos on Railroadfan.com