Web server upgrade

Questions and updates for http://www.railroadfan.com are posted here. If anyone has suggestions, either post here or email me at zack@railroadfan.com.
~Z~
Sofa King Admin

Web server upgrade

Unread post by ~Z~ »

We have been having issues with the server since a required upgrade from a 32-bit to 64-bit operating system. The package I was on had 1.2GB RAM. The new operating system and control panel were often using more than 1.2GB RAM and services kept stopping, such as the DNS service that lets people access railroadfan.com.
Hopefully things will be more stable now. I had to pay for an upgrade to a server with 2.5GB RAM instead of 1.2GB RAM. So far, memory usage is staying around 1.3GB used, so hopefully that will take care of these "unable to access" issues we've had a lot of these past few months.
Webmaster
Railroad photos on Railroadfan.com

Michael
Railroadfan...fan

Re: Web server upgrade

Unread post by Michael »

Thanks for your time, talent and treasure Zack :)

Tier4GEVO
Railroadfan...fan

Re: Web server upgrade

Unread post by Tier4GEVO »

~Z~ wrote:We have been having issues with the server since a required upgrade from a 32-bit to 64-bit operating system. The package I was on had 1.2GB RAM. The new operating system and control panel were often using more than 1.2GB RAM and services kept stopping, such as the DNS service that lets people access railroadfan.com.
Hopefully things will be more stable now. I had to pay for an upgrade to a server with 2.5GB RAM instead of 1.2GB RAM. So far, memory usage is staying around 1.3GB used, so hopefully that will take care of these "unable to access" issues we've had a lot of these past few months.
I recall coming across that message a few times in the past. Hasn't happened recently :). Thanks for all the work you've put into this site.