Wisconsin Page

Questions and updates for http://www.railroadfan.com are posted here. If anyone has suggestions, either post here or email me at zack@railroadfan.com.
MQT1223
O Scale Railfanner

Wisconsin Page

Unread post by MQT1223 »

Ok, so I know that everyone will just say "add it to the 'other states' page", but considering the fact that RRfan seems to be oriented towards the Great Lakes Region, and that every state around Michigan has its own individual page, could Wisconsin get its own page? I think it would attract more people to the site and there is a lot of interesting railfan and railroad stuff that happens in Wisconsin. All the WSOR fans could finally have a page to foam on. :lol: Granted its all up to admin on this but its just a thought. I'm not saying put every single state in its own page because I don't think many people from California will be talking about the Grank Elk; but when Michigan, Indiana, Illinois and Ohio have their own pages I think Wisconsin could join the club.
1223 OUT! President and Founder of the Buck Creek Central, the Rolling River Route! (2012-2017) President and Founder of the Lamberton Valley Railroad, The Tin Plate Road! Proudly railfanning with Asperger's since 1996. :)

railohio
Photographer of Wires in America by Rail of Ohio & Wisconsin

Re: Wisconsin Page

Unread post by railohio »

I've pestered Wisconsin people to join, but so far none have.
"I shot the freight train / But I did not shoot the fantrip"

J T
Hates Supper

Unread post by J T »

railohio wrote:I've pestered Wisconsin people to join, but so far none have.
Create a Wisconsin sub-forum and they will come. :)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/jimthias/
GRHC - you know every night I can imagine he is in front of his computer screen sitting in his underwear swearing profusely and drinking Blatz beer combing the RailRoadFan website for grammatical errors.

Saturnalia
Authority on Cat

Unread post by Saturnalia »

MQT1223 wrote:every state around Michigan has its own individual page, could Wisconsin get its own page?
How many threads per month do you see from Wisconsin?

That should answer your question :wink:
Thornapple River Rail Series - YouTube
Safety today is your investment for tomorrow

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

J T wrote:
I agree with J T :D
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

MQT1223
O Scale Railfanner

Unread post by MQT1223 »

MQT3001 wrote:
MQT1223 wrote:every state around Michigan has its own individual page, could Wisconsin get its own page?

Well not many right now because they have no real area to focus on. The "other states" talk is pretty generic.
AARR wrote:
J T wrote:
I agree with J T :D
I second that.
1223 OUT! President and Founder of the Buck Creek Central, the Rolling River Route! (2012-2017) President and Founder of the Lamberton Valley Railroad, The Tin Plate Road! Proudly railfanning with Asperger's since 1996. :)

Saturnalia
Authority on Cat

Unread post by Saturnalia »

MQT1223 wrote:
MQT3001 wrote:

Well not many right now because they have no real area to focus on. The "other states" talk is pretty generic.
I bet there are fewer than 10 Wisconsin threads from the last YEAR in Other States.

Perhaps you just like new forums, but Zack has been keen on trending towards more of a local site, and honestly, I agree with that. No need to challenge TrainOrders. We're a pretty close group with similar interests. Ever try reading the TO Eastern board? Ick.
Thornapple River Rail Series - YouTube
Safety today is your investment for tomorrow

MQT1223
O Scale Railfanner

Unread post by MQT1223 »

MQT3001 wrote:
MQT1223 wrote:
MQT3001 wrote:every state around Michigan has its own individual page, could Wisconsin get its own page?

I bet there are fewer than 10 Wisconsin threads from the last YEAR in Other States.

Perhaps you just like new forums, but Zack has been keen on trending towards more of a local site, and honestly, I agree with that. No need to challenge TrainOrders. We're a pretty close group with similar interests. Ever try reading the TO Eastern board? Ick.[/quote]

Wisconsin is about as local as Illinois. Like I said above, I'm not saying we need all 50 states with their own thread, but I consider Wisconsin local. If you create a thread for Wisconsin it will build interest and more members and thus more topics on the state. I'm not saying we need a thread for Pennsylvania, or Minnesota either because they are also close, but I think Wisconsin could and should be a part of RRfan on its own thread. Of course that is up to admin and not you or me.

ConrailMan5
Better than Ypsi

Unread post by ConrailMan5 »

MQT3001 wrote:

Perhaps you just like new forums, but Zack has been keen on trending towards more of a local site, and honestly, I agree with that. No need to challenge TrainOrders. We're a pretty close group with similar interests. Ever try reading the TO Eastern board? Ick.
There are about 20-30 threads with keyword WISCONSIN featured in the other states talk. Given that most of those are not actually about the state itself and just happen to mention Wisconsin... Maybe 10-15 threads specifically about Wisconsin in the forums lifetime. I'd say just the way it is is fine. No point in putting our gracious webmaster through the process of adding a forum just on principle. "Other states talk" serves them well enough.
"I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different."
-Kurt Vonnegut

J T
Hates Supper

Unread post by J T »

If you're looking to post about Wisconsin-specific railroad topics, there's this forum: http://www.railroadforums.com/forum/for ... 00-Midwest
https://www.flickr.com/photos/jimthias/
GRHC - you know every night I can imagine he is in front of his computer screen sitting in his underwear swearing profusely and drinking Blatz beer combing the RailRoadFan website for grammatical errors.