Ad Pop Ups worse than ever

Questions and updates for http://www.railroadfan.com are posted here. If anyone has suggestions, either post here or email me at zack@railroadfan.com.
James Sofonia
Grand Traverse Dinner Train 1996

Ad Pop Ups worse than ever

Unread post by James Sofonia »

This morning I an getting bombed with a lower left screen ad that pops up at every page change. Clicking the little X takes me to the ad page full screen rather than closing the ad window. Ironically this started just after I had made a voluntary donation to the board over the weekend on the anniversary of my 1st year of membership.

Michael
Railroadfan...fan

Re: Ad Pop Ups worse than ever

Unread post by Michael »

Best Ad blocker hands down: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/deta ... idom?hl=en
AdBlock is an add on for the Google Chrome web browser only but it blocks everything including ads in YouTube videos!

~Z~
Sofa King Admin

Unread post by ~Z~ »

Ad Block Plus is made as a Chrome and Firefox extension; works wonderfully.
FYI, the issue Pixl had was a issue with Google Ads that they serve and most websites running Google Ads were affected (millions)...issue persisted over a couple of weeks, but they resolved it.

Also, if you do run Adblock, I do ask that while you are on this site, you can click on it's icon in the menu bar to disable Adblock for Railroadfan.com
This site depends on ad revenue and donations to stay afloat, with ads making up the majority of the revenue to pay for the hosting fees. Please keep that in mind.
Webmaster
Railroad photos on Railroadfan.com

Michael
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Michael »

Now that I know I will Zack. It's the least I can do