Steam Category

Questions and updates for http://www.railroadfan.com are posted here. If anyone has suggestions, either post here or email me at zack@railroadfan.com.
MQT1223
O Scale Railfanner

Steam Category

Unread post by MQT1223 »

Has the idea of an all steam section on the board ever been discussed? Could talk steam, location updates for steam when they are running. Doesn't have to be local like PM 1225 could be something like Southern 630 or Santa Fe 2926.
1223 OUT! President and Founder of the Buck Creek Central, the Rolling River Route! (2012-2017) President and Founder of the Lamberton Valley Railroad, The Tin Plate Road! Proudly railfanning with Asperger's since 1996. :)

Saturnalia
Authority on Cat

Re: Steam Category

Unread post by Saturnalia »

Nope, and apparently, it still hasn't... ;)

No sense in a forum for something already found elsewhere on the board. Scattered yes, but not enough to warrant a new category.

#bringbackPhotoOfTheMonth
Thornapple River Rail Series - YouTube
Safety today is your investment for tomorrow

Bulby
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Bulby »

Honestly, add it as a sub-forum to the railfanning information section. My 2 cents.
Apparently I work on GEs now...

MQT1223
O Scale Railfanner

Unread post by MQT1223 »

Bulby wrote:Honestly, add it as a sub-forum to the railfanning information section. My 2 cents.
Exactly. It doesn't need to be a full forum. Like the scanner feed sub-forum.
1223 OUT! President and Founder of the Buck Creek Central, the Rolling River Route! (2012-2017) President and Founder of the Lamberton Valley Railroad, The Tin Plate Road! Proudly railfanning with Asperger's since 1996. :)

J T
Hates Supper

Unread post by J T »

You could always start a thread in the History section.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/jimthias/
GRHC - you know every night I can imagine he is in front of his computer screen sitting in his underwear swearing profusely and drinking Blatz beer combing the RailRoadFan website for grammatical errors.

Ypsi
The Bestest Railroadfan... fan

Unread post by Ypsi »

I like the categories; I feel they are enough to get the topics people want it, but not so little that we want more.. There's another site that's just so busy I scratch my head on the index page. I'm sure there is good discussion and such but man the forms are broken down so much it's almost hard to even figure out where to look for a topic..

http://www.railroad.net/forums/index.ph ... ec30aeafff

Railroad dot net, no experience on the site so no criticism or what not, but so many forms/ topics on the index page it makes my head spin lol
"Ann Arbor 2373 Calling... Milkshake. Over"

All Aboard Amtrak: Northbound, Southbound, and My Hometown

MQT1223
O Scale Railfanner

Unread post by MQT1223 »

YpsiAmtrakBoy wrote:I like the categories; I feel they are enough to get the topics people want it, but not so little that we want more.. There's another site that's just so busy I scratch my head on the index page. I'm sure there is good discussion and such but man the forms are broken down so much it's almost hard to even figure out where to look for a topic..

http://www.railroad.net/forums/index.ph ... ec30aeafff

Railroad dot net, no experience on the site so no criticism or what not, but so many forms/ topics on the index page it makes my head spin lol
Well thats why the steam category would be a sub forum. I think its better then a full one. There is a whole sub category set for scanner feeds.

Saturnalia
Authority on Cat

No need, no reason for clutter.

We could use a "best of" section, though :wink:

~Z~
Sofa King Admin

Unread post by ~Z~ »

MQT1223 wrote:There is a whole sub category set for scanner feeds.
No there's not, the ATCS and Scanner feeds got merged in with the Railfanning Information.

No subforum for steam, sorry. Just not enough posts about steam to warrant one. At one time we had far too much of an over-division of topics. I'd rather not go back to that.
Webmaster
Railroad photos on Railroadfan.com

Saturnalia
Authority on Cat

~Z~ wrote:
MQT1223 wrote:There is a whole sub category set for scanner feeds.
No there's not, the ATCS and Scanner feeds got merged in with the Railfanning Information.
lolz, it takes one to propose a new section to get one merged!

Hey Zack, please pin the Grand Ledge feed as well. I used to use that ATCS link as a shortcut to it, and it would always be near the top of the list. Now it'll get shuffled. I see you did this already with the GRR feed. Thanks!

~Z~
Sofa King Admin

Unread post by ~Z~ »

MQT3001 wrote:Hey Zack, please pin the Grand Ledge feed as well. I see you did this already with the GRR feed. Thanks!
No. I run the GRR feed, so it gets stickied. Grand Ledge not ran by me, and dunno if he's even a member, so no sticky.
Feel free to add his link to your browser's favorites.
Webmaster
Railroad photos on Railroadfan.com

J T
Hates Supper

Unread post by J T »

:lol:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/jimthias/
GRHC - you know every night I can imagine he is in front of his computer screen sitting in his underwear swearing profusely and drinking Blatz beer combing the RailRoadFan website for grammatical errors.