Thanks/Like button

Questions and updates for http://www.railroadfan.com are posted here. If anyone has suggestions, either post here or email me at zack@railroadfan.com.
James Sofonia
Grand Traverse Dinner Train 1996

Thanks/Like button

Unread post by James Sofonia »

I'd like to suggest a thanks or like button to tag on a post with out having to put up yet another post to do so.

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Re: Thanks/Like button

Unread post by AARR »

Like :P
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

Jetlink
Not a Railfan

Unread post by Jetlink »

interested in trains

Patiently waiting for LansingRailfan to antagonize me in his tagline

CSX_CO
Over and Out

Unread post by CSX_CO »

But how are we going to pad our post counts with a like button?!??!?!?!

Practice Safe CSX

Saturnalia
Authority on Cat

Unread post by Saturnalia »

This has been tried before...

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=25037
Thornapple River Rail Series - YouTube
Safety today is your investment for tomorrow

Y@
Ass. Janitor

Unread post by Y@ »

One word: No.

James Sofonia
Grand Traverse Dinner Train 1996

Unread post by James Sofonia »

MQT3001 wrote:This has been tried before...
Wow, I am amazed at the mostly opposition to this from that 2012 thread.
I agree this is not Facebook, I don't use that service at all. I might guess some of the neg comments were just jumping on the "Bash Facebook" wagon. This posting says what I also feel about this subject.

Practice Safe CSX
I suffer from very low self-esteem so I personally like it when at least one person ackownledges I took the time to post some info/pic/vid. I agree that posting "Like" does not satisfy my need to be accepted and I want a little more than that but if nothing is posted I feel embarrassed, neglected, and unwanted. :wink:
Seriously, when someone takes the time to post good info, a nice picture, or a video I am not opposed to someone posting their appreciation :) I won't hold it against them.
On message boards that have this feature turned on it is a non imposing, small note in the bottom tray.

Give it another thought.

and hey...Thanks.

GreatLakesRailfan
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by GreatLakesRailfan »

Pixl wrote:Wow, I am amazed at the mostly opposition to this from that 2012 thread.
I agree this is not Facebook, I don't use that service at all. I might guess some of the neg comments were just jumping on the "Bash Facebook" wagon. This posting says what I also feel about this subject.
I'm not sure I'd refer to Facebook as a "service." :shock:

Until I read the linked thread, I'd forgotten what I'd posted when this came up before. After going back and re-reading it, I suspect that ability to rate a post as a "+" or a "-" might not be a bad thing on this site, as long as each member was limited to on "+" or "-" per post. If ratings were implemented, ratings should be visible to all (members), so the person who posted the rated post can see who did/didn't like what was posted. I think knowing who does like your posts or the things you see (and share) can help build the community among members of this site- especially among members who don't pad their post counts in the Super Long Threads forum. :twisted:

I understand a system like this would require a lot of extra work on Zack's part, and it's not something I'm pushing for, but I think it could be helpful, especially when you see something you like and typing out an entire sentence may not be possible or relevant.
~ Charles W.