Questions and updates for http://www.railroadfan.com are posted here. If anyone has suggestions, either post here or email me at zack@railroadfan.com.
AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

I'd like to suggest a new board rule... Your Avatar must match your moniker.

So if your moniker is GLC392 you have a picture of GLC 392 and not BNSF or NS engine.

If you're moniker is cnw1234 you don't have picture of KBS engine but rather a CNW engine.

There's lots of nice pictures of units to match your monikers to select from. I'll even help you get started...Google it.

If you really like an Avatar that does not match your moniker then change your moniker. Com'n guys, we must have order or the board will go to chaos and we don't want that!

:wink:

I must admit this is the most relevant thing I've ever posted here :lol:
Last edited by AARR on Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

SD80MAC
Ingersoll's Mr. Michigan

Re: Avatars and Monikers

Unread post by SD80MAC »

Umm.........why?
"Remember, 4 mph is a couple, 5's a collision!"
http://flickriver.com/photos/conrail680 ... teresting/

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

Conrail Jon wrote:Umm.........why?
I'll say it again but s-l-o-w-e-r
...we must have order or the board will go to chaos and we don't want that!
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

PerRock
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by PerRock »

whats a moniker?

peter
Given the choice; I fly Amtrak.
American Trainz Group

Y@
Ass. Janitor

Unread post by Y@ »

Pretty pointless idea... let people do what they want. How am I supposed to have a picture of a Y@ for my avatar? I'd rather not have a picture of myself, but instead have whatever I want. That's one of the freedoms of the board that make it better.
AARR wrote:Com'n guys, we must have order or the board will go to chaos and we don't want that!
I highly doubt the board will go to chaos just because people's screen name and avatar don't match. :roll:
Bottom text.

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

PerRock wrote:whats a moniker?

peter
PerRock is your moniker. Mine is AARR. Etc.

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

Y@ wrote:I highly doubt the board will go to chaos just because people's screen name and avatar don't match. :roll:
I think your Avatar and moniker are a classic example of the a dead-on match :wink:

PerRock
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by PerRock »

AARR wrote:
PerRock wrote:whats a moniker?

peter
PerRock is your moniker. Mine is AARR. Etc.

Ah my username.

So what would us that don't have a RR related username do?

peter
Given the choice; I fly Amtrak.
American Trainz Group

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

PerRock wrote:Ah my username.

So what would us that don't have a RR related username do?

peter
Great question! I notice you have a pic of a squirrel as your Avatar. This brings bad karma to the board. In order to bring order back you could change your username to Mr. Squirrel or your Avatar to a rock. Thank you for your cooperation.

~Z~
Sofa King Admin

Unread post by ~Z~ »

AARR wrote:Great question! I notice you have a pic of a squirrel as your Avatar. This brings bad karma to the board. In order to bring order back you could change your username to Mr. Squirrel or your Avatar to a rock. Thank you for your cooperation.
FYI, AARR is on crack.
For those who don't understand that he's joking around, that's all it is, a joke of a suggestion :)
Webmaster
Railroad photos on Railroadfan.com

JANGAJONGA
Epic Fail B34 Master

Unread post by JANGAJONGA »

So whats a picture of a JANGAJONGA look like? :P

Mr. Tops
Ferroequinologist

Unread post by Mr. Tops »

Don, this is 2010...the term is "username". "Moniker" gives it away that you predate steam locomotives.

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

JANGAJONGA wrote:So whats a picture of a JANGAJONGA look like? :P
I think in your case you'll have to change your username. How about NS B31 8)

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

Mr. Tops wrote:Don, this is 2010...the term is "username". "Moniker" gives it away that you predate steam locomotives.
I stand corrected by the with-it crowd of the younger generation :)

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

railroadfan wrote:
AARR wrote:Great question! I notice you have a pic of a squirrel as your Avatar. This brings bad karma to the board. In order to bring order back you could change your username to Mr. Squirrel or your Avatar to a rock. Thank you for your cooperation.
FYI, AARR is on crack.
For those who don't understand that he's joking around, that's all it is, a joke of a suggestion :)
That's ok Zack. I know how you feel about this and I'll be the bad guy to restore order to your board :wink:

Jochs
Iron Horse Whisperer

Unread post by Jochs »

When my cat found out she couldn't be my avatar anymore, she became "Meow-traged!"

Remind you of anyone?
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=18081&p=146189#p146189
Jeff O.
Celebrating 11 years dial-up free!

(18:36:45) MagnumForce: Railfanning is way more fun when you stop caring about locomotives and signals
(19:11:29) cbehr91: I can't believe I'm +1ing Brent but +1

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

Jochs wrote:When my cat found out she couldn't be my avatar anymore, she became "Meow-traged!"

Remind you of anyone?
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=18081&p=146189#p146189
No problem Jochs...the solution is to change your username to "Black Cat". Thank you for your cooperation.

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

[quote="railroadfanFYI, AARR is on crack.[/quote]
Incorrect sir. This is what happens when there is inactivity in the Never Ending Thread forum. I'm bored... :lol:

OwlCaboose2853
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by OwlCaboose2853 »

AARR wrote:I'd like to suggest a new board rule... Your Avatar must match your moniker.

So if your moniker is GLC392 you have a picture of GLC 392 and not BNSF or NS engine.

If you're moniker is cnw1234 you don't have picture of KBS engine but rather a CNW engine.

There's lots of nice pictures of units to match your monikers to select from. I'll even help you get started...Google it.

If you really like an Avatar that does not match your moniker then change your moniker. Com'n guys, we must have order or the board will go to chaos and we don't want that!

:wink:

I must admit this is the most relevant thing I've ever posted here :lol:
Don, Well, it is from Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moniker, Not good idea about a moniker - it is prohibited conduct. http://spamtrackers.eu/wiki/index.php?title=Moniker
Amtrak Wolverines
NS Michigan Lines
Ann Arbor RR
The Monorail Society

Steven R. Williams

Y@
Ass. Janitor

Unread post by Y@ »

I always wondered if Don hung out with some of the locals in Fostoria... :lol:
Bottom text.