- Ann Arbor RR Nerd
- Posts: 37210
- Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2004 7:39 pm
- Location: Washington, MI
I think there may be a mistake in the Lapeer Industrial Wiki page but I would like to check with you guys first (in case I'm mistaken).
This is what is written:
Currently the railroad only serves Delta Faucet weekly. Original customers included Lapeer Grain, Illinois Tool Works, and Wilkenson Chemical.
According to my notes I show the following:
- One of the original customers was Foam Seal. They were on the south side of the bridge. They had a spur with three tank car unloading spots. They closed just before the bridge was deemed unsafe.
- Wilkenson is not an original customer. They started after the bridge was condemned and transloaded from a concrete platform north of Delta Faucet.
- The old Lapeer Gran spur remains in place as does the track/spurs south of the bridge.
Comments/confirmation/corrections are appreciated.
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...
- Posts: 211
- Joined: Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:25 am
The old spur to Lapeer grain is in place,on the west side of the street only--- a recent road re- paving has cut the spur off ,and the grain facility is supposed to be torn down,and made into a weed dispensary.