Y35016

Give us a run down of what you saw, post pictures if you'd like...any info is welcome.
sd70accsxt700
Sofa King follower

Y35016

Unread post by sd70accsxt700 »

Sitting at home last night the phone rang at 22:30, and said you have a choice of yard jobs. Well I'm not qualified, outside of Walbridge, and Stanley proper. So the crew caller called Walbridge, and hooked me up with the Walbridge yard extra Y35016.

First task of the night was to take the CSXT 1537, from 8 Receiving on the hump, to Stanley and bring back a train. Well we got over to Stanley, and as we pull in we are told to tie onto D2 cut the air in and get in the van.

We get in the van, and say where are we going? The van driver says I don't know. So we make a call and find out that CN Z241, is going to die, some where near, GTW Diamond, so off we go for GTW to re-crew them, and bring them into Walbridge, as know one knows when the CN re crew is going to show up.

Well we get 2 blocks away, and are told over the raido, to turn around and come back to Walbridge, and down to yard D. So all the way back to Walbridge, we go, and pull into yard D, to find CSXT 2567, sitting in D03, we need to take it and tie onto 80 cars, in D07, and get a set and release, and take them to Lang yard.

Well the car man get to the bottom of the train to air test us, and there is no air. Yeah this track has been worked all right! So we are told to pull it down the Old Main, and go to lunch, (we now have been on duty for almost 6 hours) while the car men work it. After a hour we go back out to the train, get a air test and sit and wait for the traffic to clear. (Sorry didn't keep track of everything moving).

We leave off the old main, to pull up to Vickers and sit for 1:45. We take off for Lang yard, and around the wye track into the south end of the yard. When we call the CN yardmaster, he says its all autoracks right?
Ummm, no, its all mixed freight. What the &(&(^ thats not supposed to come here! Those are Flat Rock's! Well we are here where do you want it. So after putting it away we take the air slip to him in the office, and find out that someone in Jacksonville, thought that it would be nifty, to instead take the mixed freight over to Stanley, to put on Z241 to take to Flat Rock, to clear out Walbridge, to instead send it to Lang yard and say "Here its your problem now."

Well by the time all this is said and done, we die in Lang yard at the south end waiting for the high wide special to arrive. A van soon shows up and takes us back to Walbridge.

Other than that not much to report, the most interesting thing other than the high wide load, was southbound power, for some train consisted of a NS 9-40CW, a CSXT SD50, and a TFM (still in NdeM blue) Super 7 (C30-S7)
https://flic.kr/ps/jSuAb My Flickr photos!

Eric Berger
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Eric Berger »

Was that TFM unit, by any chance, the 1625?

I saw that 8 December (And 9 December) up at Romulus, coupled with BNSF 9751 both times. (See my Romulus thread)
"From a really tall tower, in the middle of a really big field..."

sd70accsxt700
Sofa King follower

Unread post by sd70accsxt700 »

Nope the one you seen, in the 1600 series is SD70MAC's
https://flic.kr/ps/jSuAb My Flickr photos!