UP 1995 (CNW Heritage) and a high hood in Sterling Yard 1/6/23

Give us a run down of what you saw, post pictures if you'd like...any info is welcome.
David Collins
Youtube Railfan Guru

UP 1995 (CNW Heritage) and a high hood in Sterling Yard 1/6/23

Unread post by David Collins »

The temptation to catch a heritage unit not even a week after the new year started got to me yesterday, So I went over to Sterling Yard yesterday morning to check out UP's Chicago & Northwestern Heritage Unit. Unfortunately, 1995 left under not-so-great circumstances with several issues and is going to be handed back to the UP in St. Louis. I decided to go photos only with my drone and my Canon M50.

Imagea broken beast by David R. Collins, on Flickr

Union Pacific's Chicago & Northwestern heritage unit sits in Sterling Yard in Sterling Heights, Michigan after an eventful trip from Georgia the night before, where the engine encountered multiple problems en route. As I'm typing this, it's heading back to the UP on NS train 121.

Images i d e s h o t by David R. Collins, on Flickr

Another view of UP 1995 sitting in Sterling yard.

ImageThe year is 1995 by David R. Collins, on Flickr

An NS GP38-2 high hood in the 1990's era thoroughbred livery pulls a cut of cars all belonging once to fallen flags (the NS car in the middle is of Southern heritage) through Sterling Yard, the large FCA/Stalantis plant pictured in the background would later be switched out with the 5219.

jldominique
Railroadfan...fan

Re: UP 1995 (CNW Heritage) and a high hood in Sterling Yard 1/6/23

Unread post by jldominique »

I caught the CNW Heritage Unit passing by in Archbold, Ohio this morning maybe 9:30-10:00 am. Sorry I didn't have my phone on me to snag a pic was a little busy at work.