CN's IPO25 SD70M-2 from the skies + A meet with Amtrak 350!

Give us a run down of what you saw, post pictures if you'd like...any info is welcome.
David Collins
Youtube Railfan Guru

CN's IPO25 SD70M-2 from the skies + A meet with Amtrak 350!

Unread post by David Collins »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7A7WcQpa1k

After I tested negative for COVID this morning (I had been in quarantine for a week, don't recommend it, felt like crap). I felt like doing something outside today, and after seeing a post on this very site that said CN Q116 had CN 8898 (CN's IPO25 sticker SD70M-2) up front, I knew what I was doing. Sure it's just a locomotive with a big sticker on the side, and a different number font, but I've been wanting to see it for awhile. So I found my chance.

I set up at Opdyke and Kensington road for the catch, and my friend matthew showed up not much more than 5 minutes later, which is when the gates started coming down, I had made sure I picked a good angle with the drone (that was as far from anything as I could, I'm still very paranoid after what happened this past summer with my old one :lol: ). We were positive that this was Amtrak 350, but that got quickly got put to bed when the sound of one of the best K5LLA horns I've ever heard blasted through the air. I realized right away that this was Q116 with the 8898 upfront. About 40 cars deep came the double stacks, and Amtrak 350 on Main 1. I personally thought we would've missed 350 if the intermodal cars came just a few seconds later.

I then decided to head home after, and could finally check off the box for 8898 for the IPO 25 units that I've seen.