NS' triple crown roadrailer at Romulus

Give us a run down of what you saw, post pictures if you'd like...any info is welcome.
David Collins
Youtube Railfan Guru

NS' triple crown roadrailer at Romulus

Unread post by David Collins »

A few of my planespotting friends had a day off today from school today, and since I'm taking a gap year, and don't work on Thursdays, I decided to join them over at Metro Airport over in Romulus. The location we setup at most of the time is at the corner of the I-94 service drive, and Vining Road. If we have any planespotters from Detroit on this website, you'll know where I'm talking about :wink:. For the railfans on this site, this location is right next to the NS Wabash Line.

As I drove over the Vining Road bridge at the location we were setting up at, I saw a headlight approaching the location and it was quite close, I also noticed a whole bunch of white trailers, which meant only one thing, since the Wabash Line doesn't see any intermodal trains, that is TripleCrown Roadrailer. I had at most 20 seconds to set up so the only photo I got was a screenshot from the video I took on my phone. The roadrailer in the next few months is set to become extinct, so catching it possibly one last time (since I usually don't find myself railfanning the wabash line too often) was certainly nice.

For the avgeeks on this site, Metro Airport gave us some planespotting highlights too, A Chartered Sun Country 737-800, A Kalitta Air 737-400, and two unusual departures off of Runway 22R, since most departures are on the inner runways, not outer, these two flights were both FedEx flights, being flown by an MD11F and a 767-300F respectively.

All in all, even though it was only one train, and I was focused more on planespotting, it was quite a nice catch and a fun morning.
Attachments
IMG_9312.jpg