An rare all-amfleet consist on Amtrak 353 on 10/31/22

Give us a run down of what you saw, post pictures if you'd like...any info is welcome.
David Collins
Youtube Railfan Guru

An rare all-amfleet consist on Amtrak 353 on 10/31/22

Unread post by David Collins »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7TTUNpfIL8

An all amfleet consist, in my opinion, should be counted in the rare category, with the majority of the midwest trains using horizon cars, and the new venture cars entering service.

It's also the 4 cars behind the cafe car that should also be considered rare (for Michigan trains). Those are Amfleet II cars, according to DaveO. These cars are mainly used on the long-distance trains that run east of Chicago (I.E. The Silver Service, lakeshore Limited, etc).

Also note the peace sign and horn salute by an engineer friend of mine!

Saturnalia
Authority on Cat

Re: An rare all-amfleet consist on Amtrak 353 on 10/31/22

Unread post by Saturnalia »

While most trains end up being a mix of Amfleets and Horizons, solid consists of either are certainly not that rare.
Thornapple River Rail Series - YouTube
Safety today is your investment for tomorrow

Ypsi
The Bestest Railroadfan... fan

Unread post by Ypsi »

Saturnalia wrote:
Tue Nov 01, 2022 10:09 pm
While most trains end up being a mix of Amfleets and Horizons, solid consists of either are certainly not that rare.
As of late they have been common, but there was a period when the midwest actually had enough cars for everything that an Amfleet II would be considered rare. This set has been on since the trains from hell a few weeks ago, so it's becoming a more common thing everyday. What I find more interesting is that there is a mostly horizon set, an amfeet set, and a venture set all on the AML daily. Will be interesting to see if they can even make the expanded holiday consist this year (if they are necessary)

351-352 horizon, 353-354 amfleet, and 350-355 venture as of 11/2/22
"Ann Arbor 2373 Calling... Milkshake. Over"

All Aboard Amtrak: Northbound, Southbound, and My Hometown

DaveO
Read more, think more, post less

Unread post by DaveO »

Don't count on extra holiday capacity, Chicago is still canceling trains due to lack of equipment.