Howell, MI - 10.12.22

Give us a run down of what you saw, post pictures if you'd like...any info is welcome.
ConrailDetr​oit
Railroadfan...fan

Howell, MI - 10.12.22

Unread post by ConrailDetr​oit »

The Owosso South Job left their cars for CSX north of AnnPere, then went down to Osmer. They picked up 7 cars from the Ann Arbor RR and left them just south of the I-96 Overpass, then grabbed their cars for CSX. After waiting for L305 to clear the diamond go east to Brighton to run around, they proceeded across the diamond to shove their CSX cars onto the transfer track.

ImageGLC 386 - AnnPere by tcamp7837, on Flickr

ImageGLC 383 - AnnPere by tcamp7837, on Flickr

ImageGLC working AnnPere by tcamp7837, on Flickr

When L305 arrived back at AnnPere, they left their GLC cars on the main, blocking AnnPere, then grabbed their cars from GLC and proceeded back to Lansing.

ImageCSX working AnnPere by tcamp7837, on Flickr

ImageCSX working AnnPere by tcamp7837, on Flickr

ImageCSX 4003 working AnnPere by tcamp7837, on Flickr

After L305 was out of the block, the GLC went to grab their 7 cars from Osmer. They proceeded west of the Control Point Howell and shoved into the siding. CSX refused to pickup the cars that GLC left for them in the Howell siding the day before due to improper placement of loads and Hazmat cars. To make the consist "correct for CSX", the GLC would switch the cars into correct order at the west end of the Howell siding, then place the cars back into the siding. The GLC requested the CSX dispatcher leave the switch at Control Point Howell in hand throw to avoid the need to constantly call the dispatcher.

ImageGLC 386 working AnnPere by tcamp7837, on Flickr

ImageGLC 386 Clear Howell by tcamp7837, on Flickr

ImageGLC 386 - Howell, MI by tcamp7837, on Flickr

ImageGLC 386 - Howell, MI by tcamp7837, on Flickr

Earlier in the day, the NS B25 heads east at Dixboro Rd in Ann Arbor.

ImageNS B25, Dixboro Rd, Ann Arbor by tcamp7837, on Flickr

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Re: Howell, MI - 10.12.22

Unread post by AARR »

Thank you for the detailed operations report and pictures. I enjoyed it CRD.
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...