BNSF OCS in Kansas City, 3/28/22

Give us a run down of what you saw, post pictures if you'd like...any info is welcome.
David Collins
Youtube Railfan Guru

BNSF OCS in Kansas City, 3/28/22

Unread post by David Collins »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qb266v0P4sI

I've just started to get my videos from spring break backed up to my computer, and I didn't want to leave everyone in the dark with this catch, This had to have its own video...

It originally looked like just a normal BNSF manifest, because, well, a GEVO was leading. However, I took a closer look at this train while it was still relatively far out because I was railfanning at Santa Fe Junction, which is where most of BNSF's rarities go through (this catch was one of many incredible catches that day).

I'm glad I did take a closer look, I suddenly saw that this GEVO was VERY clean, which immediately set alarm bells off in my head, since BNSF only cleans up their engines for when they run their Office Car Special. Then I saw some shiny cars behind it, which immediately made me run to the motorhome and ask my dad to film this with the camcorder (he shot the second angle in this video).

Yours truly filmed the first part of the video, but, as many other iPhone railfans know, your storage runs out right before or during the best catches, so that's why I had my dad filming as a backup. This definitely qualifies as one of the best catches from the trip. There were a lot more cool ones, but those you'll have to wait for... :-)

I thought for this catch maybe it would be cool to put a list of the consist since it was pretty unique:

If there is a question mark next to car type, I'm not sure if it's the car type it is or not, feel free to add any corrections and I'll add them here!

BNSF ES44C4M #7837
BNSF Theater Car #32 (WILLIAM B. STRONG) (Dedicated to the Santa Fe President who served from 1881 to 1889)
BNSF Dining Car #10 (LAKE SUPERIOR)
BNSF Great Dome #31 (CARL R. ICE) (Dedicated to the BNSF President and CEO who served from 2010-2014)
BNSF Coach (?) #6 (TOPEKA)
BNSF Coach (?) #64 (MARIAS PASS)
BNSF Coach (?) #65 (RATON PASS)
BNSF Dining Car (?) #60 (STEVENS PASS)
BNSF Generator Car #53 (MT SAN ANTONIO)
BNSF Theater Car #66 (CAJON PASS)

Phew...

Mark F
Railroadfan...fan

Re: BNSF OCS in Kansas City, 3/28/22

Unread post by Mark F »

Saw it roll by on the Fort Madison IA Virtual Railfan camera yesterday afternoon. It was headed back west.