All day railfanning in Elkhart, Indiana: Feat. Amtrak 145, NS 1073, 8103, 1800, hornshows and more!

Give us a run down of what you saw, post pictures if you'd like...any info is welcome.
David Collins
Youtube Railfan Guru

All day railfanning in Elkhart, Indiana: Feat. Amtrak 145, NS 1073, 8103, 1800, hornshows and more!

Unread post by David Collins »

Ferris State University’s Train Guy

Youtube: Michigan Railfan Films

Flickr: David R. Collins

SC: daveeed1k

Ypsi
The Bestest Railroadfan... fan

Re: All day railfanning in Elkhart, Indiana: Feat. Amtrak 145, NS 1073, 8103, 1800, hornshows and more!

Unread post by Ypsi »

I liked your choice of shots and most of your pacing. The Drone shots were also well done with the audio timing (something that is hard to do and time in general). Intro is a little long and that style of intro in general is not one I personally like (just my personal preference on the whole music/ slideshow intro). I also found that the shots of 49 and 30 idling and waiting to depart to be a little long, which caused me to skim ahead both times. Overall though nice full day of foaming even though the weather did not seem to cooperate.
"Ann Arbor 2373 Calling... Milkshake. Over"

All Aboard Amtrak: Northbound, Southbound, and My Hometown

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Re: All day railfanning in Elkhart, Indiana: Feat. Amtrak 145, NS 1073, 8103, 1800, hornshows and more!

Unread post by AARR »

I liked watching your video, David. The drone angles were especially nice.

I know I speak for every single person at this board when I suggest videoing the entire train from beginning to end. ~Z~ is disappointed when just the engines and a few cars are shown. :wink: Personally, I like to watch the entire train. :)
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

David Collins
Youtube Railfan Guru

AARR wrote:
Wed Apr 06, 2022 4:27 pm
I know I speak for every single person at this board when I suggest videoing the entire train from beginning to end. ~Z~ is disappointed when just the engines and a few cars are shown. :wink: Personally, I like to watch the entire train. :)
So I know someone was going to comment about this, but most of the trip I didn't film the full train (unless they were passenger) because it was so cold, it'd wear the battery on my cameras down quicker and I wouldn't be able to film more.

David Collins
Youtube Railfan Guru

Ypsi wrote:
Wed Apr 06, 2022 3:15 pm
I also found that the shots of 49 and 30 idling and waiting to depart to be a little long, which caused me to skim ahead both times.
I did that so I could some audio/footage of the P42's idling, you won't be able to hear it for much longer...

Jetlink
Not a Railfan

Unread post by Jetlink »

David Collins wrote:
Thu Apr 07, 2022 7:21 am
AARR wrote:
Wed Apr 06, 2022 4:27 pm

So I know someone was going to comment about this, but most of the trip I didn't film the full train (unless they were passenger) because it was so cold, it'd wear the battery on my cameras down quicker and I wouldn't be able to film more.
Do not be dismayed by this comment David. There is a long standing feud on this website about showing the whole train in its entirety or just the power and a few interesting snips to segue with for entertainment value and to keep interest. Your videos are but pawns in this age olde battle.
interested in trains

Patiently waiting for LansingRailfan to antagonize me in his tagline