Michigan Line Morning 7/7/21

Give us a run down of what you saw, post pictures if you'd like...any info is welcome.
Ypsi
The Bestest Railroadfan... fan

Michigan Line Morning 7/7/21

Unread post by Ypsi »

This morning I was out and about on the old Michigan central. I was dropping a friend off In Dexter, so I stuck around for the morning Amtrak racing westbound through town. I caught them clearing the old Dexter Depot.

6084E3A9-E3A2-495C-B116-F095222F31FC.jpeg

Since I figured B25 would not be far behind I stuck around for them. I ended up near signal 40 near the Huron River. They were racing west with an SD40-2 and SD40E for power.

AD5C7914-6C48-4EF3-B231-703E0A647AB4.jpeg

As I was heading home I hear the Ann Arbor switching at ferry yard. I would grab a shot of them at Pittsfield junction with a short 3 car train.

7ED17DF6-A231-434C-85CB-5A91E892EFB8.jpeg
3 trains in about 3 hours is also nice in this area, including two EMD powered freight trains. Thanks for looking and reading!
"Ann Arbor 2373 Calling... Milkshake. Over"

All Aboard Amtrak: Northbound, Southbound, and My Hometown

David Collins
Youtube Railfan Guru

Re: Michigan Line Morning 7/7/21

Unread post by David Collins »

Neat!
Ferris State University’s Train Guy

Youtube: Michigan Railfan Films

Flickr: David R. Collins

SC: daveeed1k

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

Ypsi wrote:
Wed Jul 07, 2021 11:55 am
As I was heading home I hear the Ann Arbor switching at ferry yard. I would grab a shot of them at Pittsfield junction with a short 3 car train.
Did they just run around their train or was there some other work they did at Ferry Yard?
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

cfriedri
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by cfriedri »

AARR wrote:
Wed Jul 07, 2021 4:41 pm
Ypsi wrote:
Did they just run around their train or was there some other work they did at Ferry Yard?
I can't answer your question definitively but last I knew Ferry Siding had short-term storage so I'd speculate they pulled a car from storage.
Connor

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

Thank you.

Last time I checked the yard tracks are still there but disconnected from the main. Has that changed?
cfriedri wrote:
Fri Jul 16, 2021 4:50 am
AARR wrote:
Ypsi wrote:
I can't answer your question definitively but last I knew Ferry Siding had short-term storage so I'd speculate they pulled a car from storage.
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

cfriedri
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by cfriedri »

AARR wrote:
Fri Jul 16, 2021 6:53 am
Thank you.

Last time I checked the yard tracks are still there but disconnected from the main. Has that changed?
cfriedri wrote:
Fri Jul 16, 2021 4:50 am
AARR wrote:

You are correct - only Ferry Siding remains. Both Urania and Ferry are used for storage and are switched with frequency. Makes it kind of difficult to double a train when you stall :roll:
Connor