Durand Trains

Give us a run down of what you saw, post pictures if you'd like...any info is welcome.
dave989
Railroadfan...fan

Durand Trains

Unread post by dave989 »

Thinking of going to Durand this Saturday. Would like to know current train schedules and amount of trains going thru Durand. Specifically, Amtrak ,GLC & HERS. THANKS

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Re: Durand Trains

Unread post by AARR »

GLC and HESR does not have scheduled trains on Saturdays although you may catch a fertilizer or grain extra which operate occasionally on the weekends
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

C&O Dispatcher
Railroadfan...fan

Re: Durand Trains

Unread post by C&O Dispatcher »

Pardon my reminiscing, but Durand has certainly changed since I first started visiting there in the 1960's! Recall when there were only gates that could be swung at the diamonds operated by the guys in the little shanty across from the depot and a hand signal to proceed! The Ann Arbor had its own track all the way through town and its own depot (York) north of the diamonds. The yard was always busy with switch crews working 24/7. A coach from the trains out of Detroit was tacked onto the back of the Chicago-bound trains and vice versa. A special treat for me was to go up on the 2nd floor of the depot and visit the Detroit Division train dispatchers. Thankfully, the depot is still there and I'm sure it's still worth the visit, but how different the type of activity one could observe years ago. That human, "hands-on" element was on full display back then!