3 Trains in 20 mins at Ann Arbor

Give us a run down of what you saw, post pictures if you'd like...any info is welcome.
Ypsi
The Bestest Railroadfan... fan

3 Trains in 20 mins at Ann Arbor

Unread post by Ypsi »

This morning I went out to Ann Arbor in hopes of catching all three trains that could be running in the early morning. The only given would be 351, and I would need a little luck for B25 and the Ann Arbor Railroad. After arriving and waiting on a late 351, it was clear my luck would be working out. I could hear the AA blowing northbound, and NS B25 hit the 35 detector. While I barely missed an over under, first the Ann Arbor Rolled North over the Huron River. Then 3 mins after the Ann Arbor cleared B25 rolled west at sunrise. Excuse the quality of the 351 shot. I did not have a good screenshot to transfer to my phone.

351 arrived and departed at about 7:40am
351 departing ARB
351 departing ARB
Ann Arbor RS102 heads north at 7:55am
AA RS102 heads north over the Huron
AA RS102 heads north over the Huron
B25 clears WB at 8:00am
NS B25 WB at Sunrise
NS B25 WB at Sunrise
"Ann Arbor 2373 Calling... Milkshake. Over"

All Aboard Amtrak: Northbound, Southbound, and My Hometown

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Re: 3 Trains in 20 mins at Ann Arbor

Unread post by AARR »

I didn't know AA identified their road train as RS102. I can remember when they were still called TF or FT and then the number (I think they went up to 9 or 10).

Is there any information on the lead unit?
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

Ypsi
The Bestest Railroadfan... fan

Re: 3 Trains in 20 mins at Ann Arbor

Unread post by Ypsi »

AARR wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:31 am
I didn't know AA identified their road train as RS102. I can remember when they were still called TF or FT and then the number (I think they went up to 9 or 10).

Is there any information on the lead unit?
AFAIK RS101 is the first crew and RS102 is the Recrew. HLCX 4215 is leased by the AA currently. Former ICE unit still wearing the blue and gold. Has been on the property for a couple years now.
"Ann Arbor 2373 Calling... Milkshake. Over"

All Aboard Amtrak: Northbound, Southbound, and My Hometown