Leipsic And Deshler

Give us a run down of what you saw, post pictures if you'd like...any info is welcome.
DT&I
Commodore Perry

Leipsic And Deshler

Unread post by DT&I »

Heading to Leipsic to load some wood up and take it to Hamler, we stopped to get subway. Saw some gons and asked to run over and got permission, boy am I glad I did. Saw Q500 waiting on the wye to go west with Q368 rounding the bend and a stackvan rounding the corner to the east of town.
Q368 was a bit shorter than I thought and had three locos leading it.
Just as the tail end of Q368 finished crossing the diamond a westbound intermodal started blaring its messed up K5HL for the crossings on the east side of town and quickly pounded the diamond. And after 5 minutes of nonstop railroad action I waited for the last car to find that subway service isn't as freaky fast as Jimmy Johns as my mom was still waiting for the order when I returned to the truck. And off we went to Leipsic.
As soon as we got to the NS crossing we saw L7N pulling its load out of Protec Steel with a GP60 in charge as it threw up exhuast as it tried getting its heavy load moving down the line.
After returning and missing an autorack on the way back into town, BNSF shows up with a roadrailer as it slowly pulls towards the CSX diamonds.
Even darker now as a new NS ES44AC numbered 8035 leads a SD70 with a lot of hoppers east with its weird flashing ditch lights and its very loud K5HL. After that I needed to return home to leave for Cincinnatti as we had a hockey tournament the next day, which we played our butts off in beating the number 1 team in an epic shootout(i had the game winning goal in the shootout, which was a snipe under the goalie's left arm. :) )
I'm just here to put in time claims and complain

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Re: Leipsic And Deshler

Unread post by AARR »

Congrats on the hockey game DTI!

BTW your pictures suck (JKG :lol: I enjoyed the pics and report, thanks for posting :)
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

DT&I
Commodore Perry

Unread post by DT&I »

Thanks AARR! LOL well the first 2 arent my favorites that i have but I was really happy with the BNSF one lol since it was dark i was afraid the headlights would have th e ghosting effect.

Ypsi
The Bestest Railroadfan... fan

Unread post by Ypsi »

DT&I wrote:which was a snipe under the goalie's left arm. :)
What? no spin-o-rama? :lol: jk nice pics and nice job on the win :)
"Ann Arbor 2373 Calling... Milkshake. Over"

All Aboard Amtrak: Northbound, Southbound, and My Hometown

DT&I
Commodore Perry

Unread post by DT&I »

YpsiAmtrakBoy wrote:
DT&I wrote:which was a snipe under the goalie's left arm. :)
What? no spin-o-rama? :lol: jk nice pics and nice job on the win :)
Pfft! I'm no Datsyuk! LOL thanks though! We ended up losing the championship but stuff happens!

gary38
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by gary38 »

Great shot's It look like you had some crappy weather. That's weird to see a BNSF unit on a triple crown train for me anyway from not seeing it in my part's Rochelle area.

DT&I
Commodore Perry

Unread post by DT&I »

Lol we get them here occasionally, the first pic i ever took at leipsic was of two bnsf dash9s leading a triple crown, i think UP is more common here

wisconsincentral34
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by wisconsincentral34 »

Never been to either place, but they sure sound fun. Congrats on the game, too!!! Beautiful pics!

DT&I
Commodore Perry

Unread post by DT&I »

Thanks man might be going back today so look for another report haha :wink:

ConrailMan5
Better than Ypsi

Unread post by ConrailMan5 »

As a goalie, I hate kids like you :D Nice pics
"I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different."
-Kurt Vonnegut

DT&I
Commodore Perry

Unread post by DT&I »

ConrailMan5 wrote:As a goalie, I hate kids like you :D Nice pics
Thanks lol What team do you play for?