Depressing Day With the Railroad Police

Give us a run down of what you saw, post pictures if you'd like...any info is welcome.
wisconsincentral34
Railroadfan...fan

Re: Depressing Day With the Railroad Police

Unread post by wisconsincentral34 »

Don't give up the ship yet, young man. If you are whom I think you are you have gotten gruff from others concerning the JAIL Railroad too. Don't let a bad experience ruin such a fantastic hobby. If you look at it from another point, it was a good experience. Did anyone go to jail? Were there tickets issued? No. Just leave it as water under the proverbial bridge....
Above all...Keep taking the cool videos that you do!
Robert in Jackson

DelayInBlock
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by DelayInBlock »

Thank you all for your support. Maybe it wasn't such a horrible day after all. I'm going to try and get that lady a Pepsi Jacket, she told me she always had wanted one. Besides, it was fun hanging out with my Grandpa.
Delay In Block Productions: "Railroading a Little Different than Usual."

Visit my YouTube Channel and Subscribe: http://www.YouTube.com/user/DelayInBlock
Like My Page on Facebook: http://www.Facebook.com/DelayInBlockProductions

wisconsincentral34
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by wisconsincentral34 »

That's the spirit!

Michael
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Michael »

tlapteditor wrote:Thank you all for your support. Maybe it wasn't such a horrible day after all. I'm going to try and get that lady a Pepsi Jacket, she told me she always had wanted one. Besides, it was fun hanging out with my Grandpa.
There you go! Given enough time you will look back at the incident as a fond memory and realized it happened for a reason. Most of us here probably wish we had been scared straight a time or two and perhaps it would have kept us out of trouble. :lol:

CSXIndyLine
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by CSXIndyLine »

As many others have said, don't beat yourself up over this! Think of it as a learning experience. Everybody makes mistakes once in a while, whether it be intenionally or not. I've had my fair share of encounters with cops. My worst experience was with an IMPD female cop. All the others were very nice guys who were just checking in and said it was a cool hobby.

Please do me (and everyone else) a favor and stick with the hobby. It is a great one! I'm only 15 and I can't tell you how many cool things I have seen. You meet some cool people along the way (my most recent one was this past weekend). Trains are fascinating on soooooo many different aspects. Once you get real into it, you can't stop! I keep my own locomotive roster of what I have seen (numbering in the 2400's right now).

Your videos seem great, so please, please, please keep up the great work! I would love to see more from you in the future.

P.S.-Pepsi is my absolute favorite soft drink!

hoborich
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by hoborich »

It's doubtful the lady in the white pickup was a rail cop. Most likely what they call a "utility man", er woman. Someone who drives around meeting the train here and there, throwing switches, and helping the crew.
I may be wrong, but I think the only actual rail cop is the owner of the ADBF. He would not have been so nice.
"Ask your doctor if medical advice from a TV commercial is right for you".

SHMILLER
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by SHMILLER »

redside20 wrote:
hoborich wrote:Whatever happened with that ticket issue? Never heard anymore about it.
For some reason, the situation got tight lipped real fast and said person involved is no longer on this board for the time being. Probably for confidentiality reasons.
A certain member of the board decided to spout off on the situation and claim that "they knew what was going on" when they really didn't. Information got mixed up, and said person left the board.
At work and play, be safe every day.

Huelsy'sTrainBlog
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Huelsy'sTrainBlog »

CSXIndyLine wrote:As many others have said, don't beat yourself up over this! Think of it as a learning experience. Everybody makes mistakes once in a while, whether it be intenionally or not. I've had my fair share of encounters with cops. My worst experience was with an IMPD female cop. All the others were very nice guys who were just checking in and said it was a cool hobby.

Please do me (and everyone else) a favor and stick with the hobby. It is a great one! I'm only 15 and I can't tell you how many cool things I have seen. You meet some cool people along the way (my most recent one was this past weekend). Trains are fascinating on soooooo many different aspects. Once you get real into it, you can't stop! I keep my own locomotive roster of what I have seen (numbering in the 2400's right now).

Your videos seem great, so please, please, please keep up the great work! I would love to see more from you in the future.

Is that 2,400 separate locomotives?

CSXIndyLine
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by CSXIndyLine »

Huelsy'sTrainBlog wrote:
CSXIndyLine wrote:As many others have said, don't beat yourself up over this! Think of it as a learning experience. Everybody makes mistakes once in a while, whether it be intenionally or not. I've had my fair share of encounters with cops. My worst experience was with an IMPD female cop. All the others were very nice guys who were just checking in and said it was a cool hobby.

Is that 2,400 separate locomotives?
There are some repeats but ost are different.

DelayInBlock
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by DelayInBlock »

hoborich wrote:It's doubtful the lady in the white pickup was a rail cop. Most likely what they call a "utility man", er woman. Someone who drives around meeting the train here and there, throwing switches, and helping the crew.
I may be wrong, but I think the only actual rail cop is the owner of the ADBF. He would not have been so nice.
He's in business to make money, not to entertain Railfans.
Delay In Block Productions: "Railroading a Little Different than Usual."

Visit my YouTube Channel and Subscribe: http://www.YouTube.com/user/DelayInBlock
Like My Page on Facebook: http://www.Facebook.com/DelayInBlockProductions

hoborich
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by hoborich »

You can be nice to people while making money. :wink:
"Ask your doctor if medical advice from a TV commercial is right for you".

SHMILLER
Railroadfan...fan

hoborich wrote:
It's nobody's job to "be nice."

GreatLakesRailfan
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by GreatLakesRailfan »

SHMILLER wrote:
hoborich wrote:
Especially since the railroad cops don't work for the PR department...
~ Charles W.

J T
Hates Supper

Unread post by J T »

SHMILLER wrote:
hoborich wrote:
And that's why we have so many F'in problems in this world. People can't just wake up, be thankful they are alive and breathing, and be NICE to people. Really, how hard can it be? The sentiment of "nobody's job to be nice" is just another reason for a lack of peace in this world.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/jimthias/
GRHC - you know every night I can imagine he is in front of his computer screen sitting in his underwear swearing profusely and drinking Blatz beer combing the RailRoadFan website for grammatical errors.

MDH
rp.net addict

Unread post by MDH »

J T wrote:
SHMILLER wrote:
hoborich wrote:You can be nice to people while making money. :wink:
And that's why we have so many F'in problems in this world. People can't just wake up, be thankful they are alive and breathing, and be NICE to people. Really, how hard can it be? The sentiment of "nobody's job to be nice" is just another reason for a lack of peace in this world.

JT's comment: Image
Michael Harding
P&WV fan in HO

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

J T wrote:And that's why we have so many F'in problems in this world. People can't just wake up, be thankful they are alive and breathing, and be NICE to people. Really, how hard can it be? The sentiment of "nobody's job to be nice" is just another reason for a lack of peace in this world.
Being nice or good people skills could also potentially cut down on lawsuits. I have a doctor friend with marvelous people skills. He has a good sense of humor and tries to be pleasant with everyone. Not an easy task if you think about it. In his nearly 20 years he has never been sued. He tells me that most lawsuits against doctors he knows go against doctors who are not tactful with their patients.
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

SHMILLER
Railroadfan...fan

Don't get me wrong, I'm a nice guy. I've always been one to wave at railfans and give a friendly horn honk or two. I'm just saying that nobody has to be nice about their job, it's a personal choice.

If it were my job to take care of trespassing people, I probably wouldn't be jolly all the time.

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

SHMILLER wrote:If it were my job to take care of trespassing people, I probably wouldn't be jolly all the time.
I have always marveled how religous clergy maintain positive attitudes (most of them at least). Think about it, just about everyone goes to them to get help for the worst of what inflicts human kind. Death, Emotional, Illness, Personal, Physical, Psychological, Spiritual, etc. ailments of all kinds. There are days all they hear is bad news after bad news. Yet, most religous clergy or people of faith maintain good attitudes.

Maybe whatever keeps religous clergy in good spirits is what some of these other people need in their lives whether its required in their jobs or not. I would think that if someone has a sucky job, and its unavoidable that someone has to do the unpleasant things in life, they would at least want to approach it with a good attitude.

Then again myabe some people are happy being miserable and spreading their misery. Not the kind of person who others will want to hang around with if you know what I mean.
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...