Would You Rather?

For the group who LOVE to make threads never end, this forum is for you. Contained inside are the longest threads known to man, and responsible for half of AARR's posts. :)
AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Re: Would You Rather?

Unread post by AARR »

Michael wrote:
Wed Jun 22, 2022 2:27 pm
Would you rather go back to railroading in the 1950's or 70's?
70's, I did not appreciate it while I had it.

Would you rather own a pool or small pond?
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

Michael
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Michael »

AARR wrote:
Wed Jun 22, 2022 4:27 pm
Would you rather own a pool or small pond?

Pond. Less maintenance.

Would you rather unlimited money to spend on your model railroad or unlimited time?

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

Michael wrote:
Thu Jun 23, 2022 8:13 am
Would you rather unlimited money to spend on your model railroad or unlimited time?
Money, the hobby has become very expensive compared to when I started 45 years ago.

Would you rather build a model railroad on a 4x8 board or five model planes of your choice?
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

Michael
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Michael »

AARR wrote:
Thu Jun 23, 2022 8:20 am
Would you rather build a model railroad on a 4x8 board or five model planes of your choice?

Despite being a relatively small area I would go with the model railroad and just use a small scale train

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

Michael wrote:
Thu Jun 23, 2022 2:55 pm
The 4x8. I would still model HO because there is no way I could see N scale stuff.

Would you rather successfully but illegally climb a water fall and be punished or obey the law and just look at it from the scenic view point?

Michael
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Michael »

AARR wrote:
Thu Jun 23, 2022 6:18 pm
Would you rather successfully but illegally climb a water fall and be punished or obey the law and just look at it from the scenic view point?

Probably the second. I'll choose a different place to make my stand. :lol:

Would you rather never leave the state of Michigan again or never be able to come back to Michigan?

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

Michael wrote:
Fri Jun 24, 2022 8:07 am
Would you rather never leave the state of Michigan again or never be able to come back to Michigan?
Tough question for me. Probably not leave.

Michael
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Michael »

AARR wrote:
Fri Jun 24, 2022 8:12 am

Leave

Would you rather have your model railroading time limited to an hour a week or your railfanning time limited to an hour a week?

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

Michael wrote:
Sun Jun 26, 2022 7:54 am
Would you rather have your model railroading time limited to an hour a week or your railfanning time limited to an hour a week?
If you count online time as railfanning then I spend more time railfanning than modeling and I only model about an hour during an average week so I will go with modeling because it seems to be working.

Would you rather convince your girlfriend/wife that you need a life-like scale radio control jet or drone?

Michael
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Michael »

AARR wrote:
Sun Jun 26, 2022 9:41 am
Would you rather convince your girlfriend/wife that you need a life-like scale radio control jet or drone?

Jet

Would you rather have a tiny run down cabin up north on Lake Michigan or a nice house on Lake Erie?

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

Michael wrote:
Sun Jun 26, 2022 8:07 pm
Would you rather have a tiny run down cabin up north on Lake Michigan or a nice house on Lake Erie?
The first but I will have to fix it up

Would you rather have a cabin on a small inland lake or one of the great lakes?

Michael
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Michael »

AARR wrote:
Mon Jun 27, 2022 7:03 am
Would you rather have a cabin on a small inland lake or one of the great lakes?

Great Lake

Would you rather in an alligator pond or in the open ocean with great white sharks?

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

Michael wrote:
Mon Jun 27, 2022 9:42 am
Would you rather in an alligator pond or in the open ocean with great white sharks?
I think an alligator pond. I snorkeled around smaller (4-5' and smaller) alligators once (during the winter season when even though it is warm they are still lethargic) and they didn't pay any attention to me.

Would you rather go fishing and catch lots of small fish or one very large fish?

Michael
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Michael »

AARR wrote:
Mon Jun 27, 2022 6:08 pm
Would you rather go fishing and catch lots of small fish or one very large fish?

Lots of small fish

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

Michael wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 8:12 am
Lots of small fish. Later, when I am sharing my fishing stores with you, the fish will become bigger. :lol:

Would you rather have a family singing group (like the Brady Bunch) or have a family that performs live skits at festivals (like Michigan Rennaissance)?

Michael
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Michael »

I'll tell you what I tell my kids. The stories don't have to be true but they better be good! :lol:
AARR wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 8:42 am
Would you rather have a family singing group (like the Brady Bunch) or have a family that performs live skits at festivals (like Michigan Rennaissance)?

The second. It sounds much more interesting although I do love me some Brady Bunch

Would you rather go to a tiny zoo with hardly any other visitors or a top notch one like San Diego and have it packed visitors?

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

Michael wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 3:23 pm
Would you rather go to a tiny zoo with hardly any other visitors or a top notch one like San Diego and have it packed visitors?
I like the smaller zoos like Frankenmuth, GarLyn, etc.

Would you rather go to the Frankenmuth Zoo or Detroit Zoo?

Michael
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Michael »

AARR wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 6:29 pm
Would you rather go to the Frankenmuth Zoo or Detroit Zoo?

Probably the Frankenmuth Zoo since I have never been there.

Would you rather see more coal trains in Michigan or more autoracks?

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

Michael wrote:
Wed Jun 29, 2022 7:14 am
Would you rather see more coal trains in Michigan or more autoracks?
Coal

Would you rather see more frequent but smaller trains or less frequent huge trains?

Michael
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Michael »

AARR wrote:
Wed Jun 29, 2022 8:18 am
Would you rather see more frequent but smaller trains or less frequent huge trains?

Similar to the fishing question. I really like these quality vs quantity questions.
I say more frequent but smaller and continue the question.