Would You Rather?

For the group who LOVE to make threads never end, this forum is for you. Contained inside are the longest threads known to man, and responsible for half of AARR's posts. :)
Michael
Railroadfan...fan

Re: Would You Rather?

Unread post by Michael »

AARR wrote:
Wed Sep 21, 2022 12:19 pm
Would you rather remove my restraining order and railfan freight trains with AARR or have David, Michael and AARR meet in Troy and watch Amtrak?

The first. I think AMTRAK would not hold our interest

Would you rather own a small jet or locomotive of equal value?

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

Michael wrote:
Wed Sep 21, 2022 8:51 pm
Would you rather own a small jet or locomotive of equal value?
Small jet. Is a F4 Phantom a small jet :) .

Would you rather railfan with your favorite buddies at Durand where you see a train an hour, maybe, or people who just talk politics you do not agree with but a busy junction like Delray?
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

Michael
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Michael »

AARR wrote:
Thu Sep 22, 2022 9:12 am
Would you rather railfan with your favorite buddies at Durand where you see a train an hour, maybe, or people who just talk politics you do not agree with but a busy junction like Delray?

The first.

Would you rather watch the college football of your choice in person or the NFL game of your choice in person?

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

Michael wrote:
Thu Sep 22, 2022 6:04 pm
Would you rather watch the college football of your choice in person or the NFL game of your choice in person?
I like the direction I "think" the Lions are heading in so I'll go with watching them in person

Would you rather spend the day railfanning or watching TV?
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

David Collins
Youtube Railfan Guru

Unread post by David Collins »

AARR wrote:
Fri Sep 23, 2022 7:17 am

Would you rather spend the day railfanning or watching TV?
You know my answer :lol:

Would you rather take amazing drone photos of trains or amazing ground level photos of trains?

Michael
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Michael »

David Collins wrote:
Fri Sep 23, 2022 6:05 pm
Would you rather take amazing drone photos of trains or amazing ground level photos of trains?

DRONE

Would you rather see in person one of the very first diesel engine trains or a futuristic prototype of a new one?

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

Michael wrote:
Fri Sep 23, 2022 6:52 pm
Would you rather see in person one of the very first diesel engine trains or a futuristic prototype of a new one?
I think the second. I hope they still look like similar to what is out there today.

Would you rather future engines look similar to today's or completely different?

Michael
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Michael »

AARR wrote:
Sat Sep 24, 2022 8:55 am
Would you rather future engines look similar to today's or completely different?

Completely different

Would you rather that Would You Rather's always be railroad related or a mix or railroad and non railroad related questions?

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

Michael wrote:
Tue Sep 27, 2022 10:43 am
Would you rather that Would You Rather's always be railroad related or a mix or railroad and non railroad related questions?
Mix it up

Would you rather have a class that studies the past or that looks into the future?

Michael
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Michael »

AARR wrote:
Tue Sep 27, 2022 1:40 pm
Would you rather have a class that studies the past or that looks into the future?

Past.

Would you rather take a paved rail trail in your back yard or just an overgrown abandoned ROW ?

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

Michael wrote:
Wed Sep 28, 2022 11:32 am
Would you rather take a paved rail trail in your back yard or just an overgrown abandoned ROW ?
Both would be great, but I will select the paved path.

Would you rather drive an electric or gas vehicle?

Michael
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Michael »

AARR wrote:
Wed Sep 28, 2022 2:16 pm
Would you rather drive an electric or gas vehicle?

Gas. Can you imagine you and 5 million other people in electric cars backed up on the freeway trying to evacuate?

Would you rather be the Master of Ceremonies at an event or the Toastmaster?

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

Michael wrote:
Sun Oct 02, 2022 8:10 am
Would you rather be the Master of Ceremonies at an event or the Toastmaster?
Master of Ceremonies. Fits my personality a little better.

Would you rather be in an earthquake or Hurricane?

Michael
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Michael »

AARR wrote:
Sun Oct 02, 2022 12:15 pm
Would you rather be in an earthquake or Hurricane?

Hurricane. Earthquakes give little warning.

Would you rather own an awesome classic car of your choice or a brand new car of equal value?

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

Michael wrote:
Wed Oct 05, 2022 8:24 am
Would you rather own an awesome classic car of your choice or a brand new car of equal value?
I think a brand-new car although I am not much of a car buff

Would you rather own a good car or a great model railroad?

Michael
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Michael »

AARR wrote:
Wed Oct 05, 2022 4:19 pm
Would you rather own a good car or a great model railroad?

A great car. I can live vicariously through someone else model railroad. :)

Would you rather visit ancient Rome or ancient Greece? Or neither :lol:

~Z~
Sofa King Admin

Unread post by ~Z~ »

I'm going to say both - I just want to see the aqueducts, which both of them seem to have built heavily. I guess I'll go with Greece as I might run into Socrates and see Bill and Ted come back in time and help me return to the current time period.

Would you rather use a rake to take care of leaves and get some exercise doing so, or use a leaf blower, annoying neighbors with the loud sounds?
Webmaster
Railroad photos on Railroadfan.com

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

~Z~ wrote:
Fri Oct 21, 2022 8:48 am
Would you rather use a rake to take care of leaves and get some exercise doing so, or use a leaf blower, annoying neighbors with the loud sounds?
Definitely a rake and get the exercise

Would you rather have a railroad run behind your house that you are mildly interested in or have one 20 miles away that you love?

Jetlink
Not a Railfan

Unread post by Jetlink »

I would rather have a railroad run behind my house that I am mildly interested in.

I lived that way for many years. Can’t really say I love any particular railroad to begin with.

Would you rather move to a southern milder climate where you knew no-one and had no ties to the area but could enjoy the outdoors year round. Or stay up in the mid latitudes with all of your family and friends but suffer seasonal depression, cabin fever, and finger numbing frostbite weather annually?
interested in trains

Patiently waiting for LansingRailfan to antagonize me in his tagline

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

Jetlink wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2023 12:19 am
Would you rather move to a southern milder climate where you knew no-one and had no ties to the area but could enjoy the outdoors year round. Or stay up in the mid latitudes with all of your family and friends but suffer seasonal depression, cabin fever, and finger numbing frostbite weather annually?
The first option. I'll be ok. I'll spend my time looking for Big Foot.

Would you rather have to bike at least one day a week for a minimum of 50 miles every week of the year, including winter, or never bike at all?