Old Piggyback Trailer Seen

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Michigan.
BnOEngr
Captain Obvious

Old Piggyback Trailer Seen

Unread post by BnOEngr »

While driving on M52 just south of Stockbridge, I noticed a Chicago Great Western Railroad piggyback trailer in a lot just off the east side of the road. Surprised it was still legible. Has anyone else seen it?

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Re: Old Piggyback Trailer Seen

Unread post by AARR »

I found it on Google Street but do not know how to copy it and post it here :( . It looks like the lot belongs to the residence of the house next door.
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

~Z~
Sofa King Admin

Unread post by ~Z~ »

AARR wrote:
Fri Oct 28, 2022 10:50 am
I found it on Google Street but do not know how to copy it and post it here :( . It looks like the lot belongs to the residence of the house next door.
https://goo.gl/maps/LhQFNNjVzX23Fwb96

AARR, attached are two screenshots on how to get the URL for the map and how to copy it.
Attachments
Screenshot 2022-10-28 111211.jpg
Screenshot 2022-10-28 111029.jpg
Webmaster
Railroad photos on Railroadfan.com

fmilhaupt
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by fmilhaupt »

At first mention, I thought that might have been the CGW trailer that was back along Catholic Church Road or Parman Road west of Stockbridge back in the early 1990s (and might still be), but the one I remember was mostly white or silver with a horizontal stripe across the side about a quarter of the way up,"Chicago Great Western" in black block lettering and the "Lucky Strike" herald centered on the body.

Another trailer that was out that way, back then, was a brown and orange Illinois Central trailer up on blocks alongside an outbuilding on the east side of Hill Road just north of M-52.

I've not been past either of those places since I moved out of Stockbridge in the mid-1990s.
Last edited by fmilhaupt on Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:25 am, edited 3 times in total.
-Fritz Milhaupt

DaveO
Read more, think more, post less

Unread post by DaveO »

and click on the clock in the top left corner to see the previous image which was done in winter

joeyuboats
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by joeyuboats »

My son used to drive a truck, and told me about that trailer a few years back. He might still have a pick of it somewhere.

NS3322
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by NS3322 »

Here are two photos of the CGW Piggyback Trailer that is south of Stockbridge on M-52:
http://www.rrpicturearchives.net/showPi ... id=6168638
http://www.rrpicturearchives.net/showPi ... id=6168586