CR Terminal East Industrial Track Customers

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Michigan.
AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

CR Terminal East Industrial Track Customers

Unread post by AARR »

I picked this up from the other board.
Posted by jim on 10/25/2022, 4:43 pm
Hello there. Does anybody know what customers Conrail services on the far east end of what used to be the Detroit Terminal RR? I refer to the area east of Jefferson Ave. east of the Chrysler plant. The rails over that way are polished. I think the Detroit Edison power plant that was once down by the river is long gone.
I am not able to post there but if someone else would here is the answer to his question:
- Spencer//Butcher (formerly Kace?) receives box cars of parts for the Mack Ave. Assembly plant.
- CleanEarth (formerly Stericycle?) receives tank cars but I do not know if its inbound or outbound service.

https://members4.boardhost.com/OtherMic ... 30633.html

West of Mack Yard is PVS which is a very busy chemical plant.
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

Conrail Quality
Railroadfan...fan

Re: CR Terminal East Industrial Track Customers

Unread post by Conrail Quality »

AARR wrote:
Wed Oct 26, 2022 6:51 pm
I picked this up from the other board.
Posted by jim on 10/25/2022, 4:43 pm
Hello there. Does anybody know what customers Conrail services on the far east end of what used to be the Detroit Terminal RR? I refer to the area east of Jefferson Ave. east of the Chrysler plant. The rails over that way are polished. I think the Detroit Edison power plant that was once down by the river is long gone.
I am not able to post there but if someone else would here is the answer to his question:
- Spencer//Butcher (formerly Kace?) receives box cars of parts for the Mack Ave. Assembly plant.
- CleanEarth (formerly Stericycle?) receives tank cars but I do not know if its inbound or outbound service.

https://members4.boardhost.com/OtherMic ... 30633.html

West of Mack Yard is PVS which is a very busy chemical plant.
I have sent an email a few times, to that messageboard, requesting membership. I just get that error message/returned email thing. Kinda crazy

ConrailDetr​oit
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by ConrailDetr​oit »

All statements are correct. Both first shift jobs service the customers.

NY-6 works the Beltline customers and PVS on the Terminal East.

NY-7 works the docks at Mack Yard and will work south of Jefferson if needed.

R Bedell
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by R Bedell »

I have sent an email a few times, to that messageboard,
You are not the only one. It seems the Administrator is MIA, and has been so, for a couple of years.

joeyuboats
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by joeyuboats »

I thought I was the only one who had trouble trying to get on there, plus I am not really good with navigating with computers. Might be MIA, or DOA, but somebody else should step up and either take the reins, or close it up.

GP30M4216
Saver of all History

Unread post by GP30M4216 »

ConrailDetr​oit wrote:
Mon Nov 07, 2022 4:19 pm
All statements are correct. Both first shift jobs service the customers.

NY-6 works the Beltline customers and PVS on the Terminal East.

NY-7 works the docks at Mack Yard and will work south of Jefferson if needed.
Does PVS have facilities both to the west and the east of the Terminal East at Harper?

I see on Google aerial imagery mostly racks spotted for the Jefferson north docks in the yard, but one cut of boxcars. Do any parts come or go from the plant itself or are they all handled via Spencer-Butcher as indicated above?

I had the weirdest dream once that I was watching a centercab switch out Stericycle’s facility at the end of the line. Perhaps I was getting my east side industrial lines confused mid-REM, lol.

Speaking of the Beltline, does La Grasso Produce still get service at the present end of the line? Other than the Hamtramck GM docks, what other customers still exist on that line?

DaveO
Read more, think more, post less

Unread post by DaveO »

joeyuboats wrote:
Tue Nov 08, 2022 9:33 am
I thought I was the only one who had trouble trying to get on there, plus I am not really good with navigating with computers. Might be MIA, or DOA, but somebody else should step up and either take the reins, or close it up.
Those forums have an owner who stated somewhere along the line he wasn't going to give them to someone else.
The owner was involved with work full-time and so that interfered with the time needed to run his forums.
But then apparently he retired but apparently maybe not.
I haven't bothered to sign on in quite sometime now.
But I always understand it's his forums to do what he wants or not wants to do with.

Back in the early years of this forum ~Z~ didn't approve me because he thought my email address provider was used for spamming.
It was actually it was one of the better ones at stopping spam.
But it was his forum and so I just came here to read for many years.
Like all of us here, ~Z~ got a little older and a little wiser and now liked my email address, so here I am :D

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

GP30M4216 wrote:
Tue Nov 08, 2022 9:53 am
Does PVS have facilities both to the west and the east of the Terminal East at Harper?

I see on Google aerial imagery mostly racks spotted for the Jefferson north docks in the yard, but one cut of boxcars. Do any parts come or go from the plant itself or are they all handled via Spencer-Butcher as indicated above?

Speaking of the Beltline, does La Grasso Produce still get service at the present end of the line? Other than the Hamtramck GM docks, what other customers still exist on that line?
Yes, PVS has plants on both East and West (West's is much smaller)

All boxcar traffic is delivered to S-B. No boxcar traffic is delivered directly to the assembly plant.

I am not aware of La Grosso receiving rail service in a long time.

Other than GM docks there is a scrap yard, steel coil warehouse and two box car warehouses on that line.
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

Steve B
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Steve B »

I'm guessing that GM's Detroit-Hamtramck plant hasn't shipped anything by train since early 2020 when Impala production ended. It built 750 Hummers in September. Silverado & Sierra production begins there next year, but of course it'll be a slow build at first. Hopefully eventually we'll see some healthy rail shipments again out of Detroit-Hamtramck ("Factory Zero," blech).

As for the other board/forum, it's safe to actually say its name. Michiganrailroads.com

zintac
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by zintac »

I have been trying for the past 5 years to get a log-in for the "other site" and still to this day i have never gotten a reply. I prefer this board by a long shot, as the posts don't fall into the abyss of the net to never be seen again.

Was trying to do some research on a old junction in Trenton. There was a post over there about it, only way to see it was the way-back site. But some of it was never cashed so the info is lost.
Long Live the C&O

Conrail Quality
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Conrail Quality »

R Bedell wrote:
Tue Nov 08, 2022 7:00 am
I have sent an email a few times, to that messageboard,
You are not the only one. It seems the Administrator is MIA, and has been so, for a couple of years.
That's to bad. I like that board also.

ConrailDetr​oit
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by ConrailDetr​oit »

AARR wrote:
Tue Nov 08, 2022 2:49 pm
GP30M4216 wrote:
Tue Nov 08, 2022 9:53 am

Yes, PVS has plants on both East and West (West's is much smaller)

All boxcar traffic is delivered to S-B. No boxcar traffic is delivered directly to the assembly plant.

I am not aware of La Grosso receiving rail service in a long time.

Other than GM docks there is a scrap yard, steel coil warehouse and two box car warehouses on that line.
Should be 4 Warehouses that receives boxcars. Progressive Distributions at Huber Yard, Exel Logistics and ArcelorMittal at Georgia St, and Universal Logistics and Miller St (Newest Customer). No further knowledge on how active, or if active, each warehouse is currently. Strong Steel is the busiest customer on the Beltline.

LaGrasso and GM Poletown are currently dormant.