Wiki - GLC Customers - Biewer

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Michigan.
AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Wiki - GLC Customers - Biewer

Unread post by AARR »

Wiki GLC Customer shows Biewer Receiving/Shipping Hoppers. They shipped high-side open-top hoppers for a few years but stopped when AURACO opened in 2018. I would like to remove Hoppers from the list. Can anyone confirm Biewer doesn't ship hopper cars anymore?
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Re: Wiki - GLC Customers - Biewer

Unread post by AARR »

Bump
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

Standard Railfan
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Standard Railfan »

Sawmills produce wood chips for use in paper making as a byproduct. Depending market factors and production requirements paper mills will change sources of chips often. The chips may be shipped by rail or truck depending upon distance.

I’d leave the hoppers in or Mr. Murphy will appear.

GP-35
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by GP-35 »

All wood chips go to Auraco in Grayling by truck, they do NOT load any more wood chip hoopers for outbound shipments.

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

I moved the hoppers from the Receives/Ships column to Notes with the notation: Shipped wood chips in hoppers for several years ending in 2018

LansingRailFan
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by LansingRailFan »

AARR wrote:
Tue Sep 13, 2022 8:37 am
I moved the hoppers from the Receives/Ships column to Notes with the notation: Shipped wood chips in hoppers for several years ending in 2018
Biewer is closing down its Lake City sawmill and consolidating operations to this one that is rail served. I think we should expect to see more outbound on GLC