Wiki - GLC Customers - Mid Michigan Specialty Crops

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Michigan.
AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Wiki - GLC Customers - Mid Michigan Specialty Crops

Unread post by AARR »

I added boxcars to they Receives/Ships column for Mid Michigan Specialty Crops. I have personally seen a boxcar there on a few occasions.

Does anyone think I am mistaken and should take it out? Did they stop shipping in boxcars?
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Re: Wiki - GLC Customers - Mid Michigan Specialty Crops

Unread post by AARR »

Bump
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

LansingRailFan
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by LansingRailFan »

AARR wrote:
Sun Sep 11, 2022 7:46 pm
Bump
GLC got a boxcar last year. It was that noteworthy that one boxcar was delivered. It was lumber I believe.

I’d remove it. It’s not happening.

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

I removed boxcars from the Receives/Ships column to Notes with the notation: Used to load an occasional boxcar

railroader and son
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by railroader and son »

It's been 4 or 5 year's since I've seen anything MMSC in Ithaca.

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

I made changes/addons to the GLC customer list. Feel free to review and comment/correct.

https://railroadfan.com/wiki/index.php/ ... _Customers

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

Compared to GLC's own website the Wiki customer list is more accurate than theirs. Com'n GLC, get your website up to date and into the 2020's!

SW
Rail Trail Explorer

Unread post by SW »

AARR, I spoke with a GLC employee familiar with the operations at Nutrien AG Solutions in Henderson. They no longer use rail, as an equipment upgrade of some kind was required and it was not cost effective, especially with the nearness of the elevators in Oakley.
Owosso Steve

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

Thank you SW
SW wrote:
Wed Nov 23, 2022 6:44 pm
AARR, I spoke with a GLC employee familiar with the operations at Nutrien AG Solutions in Henderson. They no longer use rail, as an equipment upgrade of some kind was required and it was not cost effective, especially with the nearness of the elevators in Oakley.