Train IDs for Plymouth Traffic

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Michigan.
DriverJon
South Lyon Boys

Train IDs for Plymouth Traffic

Unread post by DriverJon »

I spend a lot of time in Plymouth so I'm trying to get everything straight with the IDs and where they run. I've gotten pretty far but I'm sure there are some things to be added.

All train IDs are for CSX and the origins and destinations are for what CSX has trackage or trackage rights on/for.

Here's what I've got:

AS OF SEPTEMBER 8TH, 2022

--
LOCALS
L302: Detroit, MI to Grand Rapids, MI (ex D705)
L303: Grand Rapids, MI to Detroit, MI (ex D706)
L308: Wayne, MI to Wayne, MI
L309: Wayne, MI to Wayne, MI
L310: Plymouth, MI to Plymouth, MI
L311: Wayne, MI to Wayne, MI (ex D717)
L313: Walbridge, OH to Wixom, MI (ex D735)
L314: Wixom, MI to Walbridge, OH (ex D736)
L315: Plymouth, MI to Plymouth, MI (ex D738)
--
MANIFESTS
M510: Cincinnati, OH to Detroit, MI (ex Q510)
M511: Detroit, MI to Cincinnati, OH (ex Q511)
--
BULK COMMODITIES
B522: Detroit, MI to Middletown, OH (ex K596)
B523: Middletown, OH to Detroit, MI (ex K597)
--
COAL
C803: Cicero, IL to Wixom, MI (ex N803)
--
EMPTIES
E803: Wixom, MI to Cicero, IL
--
INTERMODALS
I131: Detroit, MI to Salem, IL (ex Q131)
I132: Salem, IL, to Detroit, MI (ex Q132)
I150: Northwest, OH to Detroit, MI (ex Q150)
I151: Detroit, MI to Northwest, OH (ex Q151)
--
GRAIN
G765: Wixom, MI to Shelby, NC
G805: Wixom, MI to Rocky Mount, NC
Last edited by DriverJon on Thu Sep 08, 2022 10:12 am, edited 5 times in total.

GP30M4216
Saver of all History

Re: Train IDs for Plymouth Traffic

Unread post by GP30M4216 »

This looks like a pretty complete list! In the old D symbol local days, there was a D717 that worked between Plymouth and Rougemere (maybe on to Livernois, too?) that swapped Plymouth freight blocks, so no manifests would have to stop to do Plymouth work. Is there a job that still does that? If not, on what train do cars for Haggerty and North Yards arrive and depart?

Is there a block of mixed freight that moves on those B series steel trains or is that only Cleveland Cliffs traffic and nothing else?

I’m sure you already know that as needed grain loads and empties run with G-series symbols and head either north to the LSRC or west toward Webberville, Grand Ledge or Newaygo. The ones to/from the west always get a crew change at Plymouth.

I haven’t thought much about the new symbols going through Plymouth, but now I have a handy list for the next time I’m in that neighborhood!

DriverJon
South Lyon Boys

GP30M4216 wrote:
Fri Sep 02, 2022 6:57 pm
This looks like a pretty complete list! In the old D symbol local days, there was a D717 that worked between Plymouth and Rougemere (maybe on to Livernois, too?) that swapped Plymouth freight blocks, so no manifests would have to stop to do Plymouth work. Is there a job that still does that? If not, on what train do cars for Haggerty and North Yards arrive and depart?

Is there a block of mixed freight that moves on those B series steel trains or is that only Cleveland Cliffs traffic and nothing else?

I’m sure you already know that as needed grain loads and empties run with G-series symbols and head either north to the LSRC or west toward Webberville, Grand Ledge or Newaygo. The ones to/from the west always get a crew change at Plymouth.

I haven’t thought much about the new symbols going through Plymouth, but now I have a handy list for the next time I’m in that neighborhood!
D717 is now L315 (edit: L311 not L315)

The B trains only have steel and steel empties

The grain trains, I am aware of. It's just they're so random and trying to get the IDs from the wiki isn't much help since they're outdated. If I do happen to catch one I'll add it to the list

DriverJon
South Lyon Boys

DriverJon wrote:
Fri Sep 02, 2022 10:49 am
I spend a lot of time in Plymouth so I'm trying to get everything straight with the IDs and where they run. I've gotten pretty far but I'm sure there are some things to be added.

As of September 8th, 2022, I have added some of the old IDs the trains ran as