Unit grain trains on LSRC

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Michigan.
CSXBOY
Railroadfan...fan

Unit grain trains on LSRC

Unread post by CSXBOY »

So I know pretty much where CSX Plymouth sub grainers go to these days. But where can the LSRC ones go to once interchanged in wixom? Just curious cuz I’ll be going through Standish going up north on Thursday afternoon and was hoping to see one. I know it’s improbable but with the way CSX has been running grainers through Plymouth this season it’s not impossible! 2019 was last year I saw a grainer leaving Standish. But I didn’t see anything in 2020 or 2021. Can anyone tell me about LSRCs grain traffic? Thanks

Doktor No
Railroadfan...fan

Re: Unit grain trains on LSRC

Unread post by Doktor No »

Snoop the internet. Try the CSX Grain Partners. Standish is one and there are other Michigan customers on line.

Try CSX Grain Express in your google search. You probably won't be disappointed.
Curb Your Enthusiasm.

SD80MAC
Ingersoll's Mr. Michigan

Unread post by SD80MAC »

The only elevator on the LSRC proper that ships grain trains is in Standish. The other trains are handed off to the Huron & Eastern for loading at Auburn or out in the Thumb.
"Remember, 4 mph is a couple, 5's a collision!"
http://flickriver.com/photos/conrail680 ... teresting/

ConrailDetr​oit
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by ConrailDetr​oit »

There is currently at NB Unit Grain at Kearsley.

Mike H
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Mike H »

SD80MAC wrote:
Tue Jul 12, 2022 3:32 pm
The only elevator on the LSRC proper that ships grain trains is in Standish. The other trains are handed off to the Huron & Eastern for loading at Auburn or out in the Thumb.
Better check your facts on that one.

Mike H

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

I think LSRC have one in Carrollton and Bay City (both operated by Gavilon) although Bay City can only handle about 10 or so cars at a time
Mike H wrote:
Wed Jul 13, 2022 2:33 am
SD80MAC wrote:

Mike H
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

SD80MAC
Ingersoll's Mr. Michigan

Unread post by SD80MAC »

Mike H wrote:
Wed Jul 13, 2022 2:33 am
SD80MAC wrote:

Mike H
You're right, I forgot about the one in Carrollton.
"Remember, 4 mph is a couple, 5's a collision!"
http://flickriver.com/photos/conrail680 ... teresting/

CSXBOY
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by CSXBOY »

Thanks for all of the info! This is good stuff I learned. Hoping to see a grainer tonight in Standish on the way up to oscoda to my family lakehouse

penn central
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by penn central »

There's also Breckenridge and Hemlock on the MMRR my parents still live in my old grandparents house along Niagara Street in Saginaw and reported to me a grain train ran last week.

LansingRailFan
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by LansingRailFan »

penn central wrote:
Wed Jul 20, 2022 1:53 pm
There's also Breckenridge and Hemlock on the MMRR my parents still live in my old grandparents house along Niagara Street in Saginaw and reported to me a grain train ran last week.
They’ve been exporting their corn via Parrish & Heimbecker it seems like lately. Train is G886 to Durand on CN. GLC>MMRR. Outbound is generally G825 to western Canada although there’s been a couple lately that have departed Durand on CN as G884, WB to chicago then SB down the old IC to New Orleans

penn central
Railroadfan...fan

LansingRailFan wrote:
Wed Jul 20, 2022 9:32 pm
penn central wrote:
They’ve been exporting their corn via Parrish & Heimbecker it seems like lately. Train is G886 to Durand on CN. GLC>MMRR. Outbound is generally G825 to western Canada although there’s been a couple lately that have departed Durand on CN as G884, WB to chicago then SB down the old IC to New Orleans
Okay oh yea im in Owosso every day and Corunna and travel M71 from Corunna to Durand every day also and i see the P&H trains often but yesterday there was a empty grain train that came from LSRC i counted 90 cars interchanged at Paines. Yesterday coming up M71 westbound i seen the OSTN at between 1 and 2am in the morning coming back to Owosso i didn't know there G symbols on CN thank you for that information.

atrainguy60
Saginaw Sub Foamer

Unread post by atrainguy60 »

I'm next to useless on destinations and what-not, but for whatever it's worth an empty grain train went north on the Saginaw Sub yesterday afternoon/evening. I caught it in Holly at 5:21pm.

penn central
Railroadfan...fan

atrainguy60 wrote:
Sat Jul 23, 2022 11:08 am
I'm next to useless on destinations and what-not, but for whatever it's worth an empty grain train went north on the Saginaw Sub yesterday afternoon/evening. I caught it in Holly at 5:21pm.
Yep that's the one that went to the MMRR at Paines.

LansingRailFan
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by LansingRailFan »

penn central wrote:
Sat Jul 23, 2022 10:12 am
LansingRailFan wrote:
Wed Jul 20, 2022 9:32 pm
penn central wrote:
Okay oh yea im in Owosso every day and Corunna and travel M71 from Corunna to Durand every day also and i see the P&H trains often but yesterday there was a empty grain train that came from LSRC i counted 90 cars interchanged at Paines. Yesterday coming up M71 westbound i seen the OSTN at between 1 and 2am in the morning coming back to Owosso i didn't know there G symbols on CN thank you for that information.
Nice. So it’s been all P&H trains via CN to GLC/MMRR or HESR until lately. Now there’s been both CSX system trains and CN trains.

MMRR’s CSX trains go via LSRC whereas GLC’s CSX unit trains go via AARR.